STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Request for Worlds modification:

Main Page > Multi-line text box with label 'Extras'

The purpose would be to add information like docking fees, high-port/down-port presence, fuel availability, etc.

For instance:

Glisten has a docking fee of 2000 credits, has a high-port but no real down-port, both refined and unrefined fuel is available at standard cost.

While I could put that into the notes page it is easier to have on the main page. Also I generally put tremendous paragraphs of information in the notes page so it would be nice to be able to have a quick bit of specific info on the main.
    Hi Chap,

Easy enough, I was toying with the idea that Starports/Spaceports (being High-port or Down-port) would be their own data objects and we'd just allow them to be linked to the World. But if you're happy just for a text-box then that's an easy add.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I am happy with a text box but others might want more. The text box seems like a simple, quick solution. My thinking is that it isn't fixed data so people can put whatever they want in it.

I am happy with a text box but others might want more. The text box seems like a simple, quick solution. My thinking is that it isn't fixed data so people can put whatever they want in it.
    Evening,

We'll go with a Text box for now and once Highguard drops if people want more we can expand then, as there are more important things to be done. I'm working on Highguard atm, finishing up the text, then planning the data for it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Since we have time while we wait for CSC, a quality of life improvement might be to indent items in inventory if they are inside a container.

Backpack Back
    Medkit Backpack
    Toolkit Backpack
    Holster Waist
    Pistol Holster

5E does it this way and makes inventory a little easier to read and figure out what is in what.

Edit: It isn't displaying the spacing but imagine there are a number of spaces in front if medkit, toolkit and pistol.
    Last edited by esmdev; April 30th, 2020 at 18:46.

Since we have time while we wait for CSC, a quality of life improvement might be to indent items in inventory if they are inside a container.

Backpack Back
    Medkit Backpack
    Toolkit Backpack
    Holster Waist
    Pistol Holster

5E does it this way and makes inventory a little easier to read and figure out what is in what.

Edit: It isn't displaying the spacing but imagine there are a number of spaces in front if medkit, toolkit and pistol.
    Hi Chap,

Ok will get that done. Just finished my game tonight, been running Mission to Mithril, finally got some 'action' and crumbs as they're DnD players mostly, there's no heal spell for that! Best healing in the game is armour or not getting hit!

Cheers,
    MBM

Backpack Back
    Medkit Backpack
    Toolkit Backpack
    Holster Waist
    Pistol Holster

Chap,

How's this looking for you?

IndentedEquipment.JPG

Need to fix up Encumbrance, seems armour not worn but carried isn't adding.

Cheers,
    MBM

Looks great!

Looks great!
    Next great simple to implement suggestion.

Btw do you follow my Twitter? I so what's your handle?

Cheers,
    MBM

TBH, I don't really do social media, in fact the FG forums are probably the only place that I'm active at all. I do periodically look at your twitter feed via twitter.com to repost update pictures to my group.

I've debated for awhile if I should bring up the trade system, especially since I've got my own out of FG solution. As it seems to be a project in motion I decided to post some screenshots of my system in hopes that concepts might help with ideas for the trade implementation. Since the trade system that I use is a hybrid of MGT2 (passengers, freight, mail) and T4/T5 (speculative), the speculative would need to change to conform to MGT2. It would probably be easier to do MGT2 speculative trade.

The information that is needed in order to generate trade information:

trade_generation_input.jpg

Fortunately, a lot of the above data can be pulled directly from the characters and campaign data.

The output of information after processing:

trade_generation_output.jpg

For completion (and to hopefully generate ideas) I am including the speculative trade sales despite it not being MGT2 compliant:

The information that is needed in order to sell speculative trade:

trade_sales_input.jpg

The output of information after processing:

trade_sales_output.jpg

I hope that this spurs some ideas on a comprehensive trade system for the MGT2 ruleset. It's a lot of coding but having a system like this vastly improves the speed of trade generation.

Thread Information