STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.1

MGT2 v1.1.1

Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.1.0 is finished and will soon be live, I'm starting on the next iteration of the v1.1.X branch to bring extra support for items found in Book 2, Central Supply Catalogue.

• [New] Weapon actions. Updated. Normal attacks are split over two lines. You can now drag Ammo (from Central Supply) which will generate new Attack/Damage actions.
    • [New] Worlds. Added Berthing Cost, Fuel, Facilities and extras
    • [New] Worlds - Trade. Added a new Tab for Trade items, you can add line items with Qty, Description and Cost (future updates will expand on this tab)
    • [Fixed] All Careers Events. All text for events text will be shown for various events that contained a ; in them (the parser ignored everything post it)
    • [Fixed] Tables. All Careers Events. All text for events text will be shown for various events that contained a ; in them (the parser ignored everything post it)
    • [Updated] Theme. Some fonts have been reduced to make text slightly smaller so as not to take up the entire window
    • [Fixed] Weapon Attacks. These now show the range correctly in the attack text
    • [Updated] Items in Containers. These items in containers (ie a backpack or medic kit) will be indented, just like 5E
    • [Fixed] Actions tab. A random 'Cost' label was left floating, it has been told to return back to the correct position
    • [New] New Setting. House Rules - 'Show Study Period on Skills Tab' (Defaults to NO)
    • [New] New Setting. Characteristics* - 'Use PSI characteristic' (Defaults to NO)
    • [Updated] PSI Talents. The Tab for PSI Talents has been removed and the Talents are on the Skills Tab now, where it feels more fitting and there are only a handful.
    • [New] Animal Size Modifiers. When rolling to hit an animal with a Size Modifier (Small -4 -> Small -1, Large +1 -> Large +6) these are now added automatically do the Dice roll. The NPC must have this Size Modifier in their traits, ie Slow Metabolism (-1), Large (+4)
    • [New] Melee Weapon STR modifiers. When rolling damage with a Melee weapon, the STR mod will be used as a bonus/negative modifier
    • [Fixed] Custom Weapons. Can now be dropped onto NPC's

Why am I updating the Weapon actions?
    Very simply so it can support the different ammo types.

For example:
    Advanced Combat Rifle is 3D6 damage, Auto 3, Scope.

That's the standard damage for this weapon, but say you wanted to use Solid Shot ammo (suitable for Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Heavy), you'd add a new line, enter in the RoF, Damage, Traits

Single, 3D6, Auto 3, Scope, AP 2

So when you roll that Damage line, it applies to AP 2 to it!

*Characteristic Settings
    The new PSI characteristic hides/shows - PSI characteristic on the main page, PSI Talents on the Skills Tab and PSI Current Value/PSI Actions/abilities on the Actions Tab

This is part of the work required for Traveller Companion as I'm trying to add LUC to my game, but it requires the Character Sheet to be re-designed, that is coming in the future, something more 2nd Edition is planned....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 16th, 2020 at 23:53. Reason: Updated what I'm working on
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

On the difficulty it would be easier for me to say pilot dex routine and have them set the difficulty as part of their rolling process. Frees me to be doing other things while they are doing the roll. My players would like it too cause sometimes I'm slow to set the difficulty cause I have to unbury the desktop...

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    On the difficulty it would be easier for me to say pilot dex routine and have them set the difficulty as part of their rolling process. Frees me to be doing other things while they are doing the roll. My players would like it too cause sometimes I'm slow to set the difficulty cause I have to unbury the desktop...
    As Geralt would say, Hmmm.

Would your players also want the shortcut difficulty buttons, or just manually enter it? I tried to keep the player screen clean from extra buttons and things.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    As Geralt would say, Hmmm.

Would your players also want the shortcut difficulty buttons, or just manually enter it? I tried to keep the player screen clean from extra buttons and things.
    In 1E they had those buttons and used them accordingly. I actually heard no complaints, except when they were missing in 2E
    So I second that request. Buttons for Players would be nice. Thx

Do remember 1E didn't have target numbers, it had modifiers... very different things.

I'll see what I can do, but no promises as the code was what I used in WOiN and VTM.

Folks,

Looked into it.

Clients (players) cannot adjust the Difficulty Number, because it's set on the Server, it's cloned locally only, so mirrors the server. I'll investigate more but for the moment I think it's server sided changes only without a myriad of issues. Unless someone plays SW and that works on both client/server.

Cheers,
    MBM

It should be possible to send that info to the Server. If you look into the dice tower code that we don't use in Traveller maybe you can use that channel to send difficulty from the client?

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    It should be possible to send that info to the Server. If you look into the dice tower code that we don't use in Traveller maybe you can use that channel to send difficulty from the client?
    The Dice tower doesn't need to send anything, it just marks the dice rolls as secret so the player doesn't get to see them, but the GM will.

The Difficulty Number is a field, it's mapped to:

Code:
    	<desktoppanel>
    		<public />
    		<difficultynumber type="number">10</difficultynumber>
    	</desktoppanel>
    The client (player) adds a handler to watch for updates.

Anyway leave it with me to try some more things.

Thanks,
    MBM

Pitty... then maybe you can look at the Star Wars Dice Pool I believe Master can see what the player drops on the Pool and modify difficulty there adding dice. There are also Dice Pool code for CoreRPG (there is a Star Wars version also for Core) and Mutant Year Zero extension adds also a Dice Pool but don't know if it allows Master to interact with it like Star Wars.

Another option could be to add a Numbered Token that has a Value assigned to it. User drops Token on Difficulty and Master can see the value on Server?

Just ideas... probably some don't help but Just in Case. I was able to use TORG Eternity Card Pools with MoreCore using some smart shared tokens and images. So probably you can find something better to use. Good luck and thank you!

Hi MadBeardMan,

I am pretty sure you need to use the Comm.deliverOOBMessage and Comm.onReceiveOOBMessage functions to send the data from the client to the server. There is some information on this page but you can find examples in other rulesets: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...s/4096265/Comm

Dakadin

Thread Information