Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See here for how character upload/access works in Unity: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post489474
    The link you have here is just a link to this very same thread.

Blog Entries
    See the last paragraph of Part 1, Step 6 https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...her-characters

If you need more instruction than that, let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbeard View Post
    I don't see how to do this. When I go to my new campaign "Charaters" and press the PC button the character selection window appears, but there is no option to import from a campaign I have joined as a player, only to open local files on my machine. Am I supposed to use that? Is there a file saved on my computer automatically now in addition to the one on my GM's server? I'm lost on how to save a copy of my updated character now that I have finished a session.
    There is currently a bug where your characters from another user's campaigns won't show up You need to wait a fix for that until you can use that standard procedure (I think it is about such a character, isn't it? The characters of your own campaigns should show up )

The link you have here is just a link to this very same thread.
    Yes, reminding people to read that important post - because the person I was replying to obviously hadn't. I could have said "see post #2 above" (and I sometimes do) but I thought I'd make it easy for someone to just click.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    FGU will not have a Manage Characters button. Instead, just create a new campaign called "Characters", and create your characters there.

Once you have joined a campaign, you can import any character from any campaign that you have joined or that is local to your machine.

Regards,
    JPG
    This only works if your players all have the ruleset, so for groups like mine, where I bought Ultimate so my players don't need to buy anything, it won't work. We use Savage Worlds, and the ruleset isn't included.

It's a shame that something that is supposed to be better than the classic won't even have all the features of the classic version.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post
    This only works if your players all have the ruleset, so for groups like mine, where I bought Ultimate so my players don't need to buy anything, it won't work. We use Savage Worlds, and the ruleset isn't included.

It's a shame that something that is supposed to be better than the classic won't even have all the features of the classic version.
    How do your players use Manage Characters with FG Classic for Savage Worlds?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    How do your players use Manage Characters with FG Classic for Savage Worlds?
    I've never used classic. When I started with Fantasy Grounds in April of this year, I decided to go with Unity. I didn't see the point in using the older one. I thought Unity would have the same features, which it advertises. But with extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    There is currently a bug where your characters from another user's campaigns won't show up You need to wait a fix for that until you can use that standard procedure (I think it is about such a character, isn't it? The characters of your own campaigns should show up )
    Has the bug been fixed? Or perhaps it doesn't affect everyone? I followed Trenloe's directions and it worked just fine. I was able to import my character from the GM's server and then save a copy on mine, which is what I wanted.

Has the bug been fixed? Or perhaps it doesn't affect everyone? I followed Trenloe's directions and it worked just fine. I was able to import my character from the GM's server and then save a copy on mine, which is what I wanted.
    Yes, it was fixed in a recent patch.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post
    I've never used classic. When I started with Fantasy Grounds in April of this year, I decided to go with Unity. I didn't see the point in using the older one. I thought Unity would have the same features, which it advertises. But with extras.
    Generally it does. I think his point was that this was never a feature of the software. If people want to make characters for Savage Worlds they either need to have access to the ruleset, or be connected to a DM's server that has it loaded.

Thread Information