DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU randomly freezing on MacOSX Catalina during LOS construction

FGU randomly freezing on MacOSX Catalina during LOS construction

During LOS (line of sight) construction I keep having FGU freeze up on me randomly. I get the spinning pinwheel of colorful death... not only that but I cannot even Force Quit out of the app. I can't restart or shut down my Mac, never had any other software cause this kind of issue. The only way out is to hold the power button and force off my Mac. Then upon reboot and loading FGU again, I lose much of my LOS work. This is getting frustrating thus I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has encountered this and/or solved it.

Thank you,

Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games

We need as many examples as you can provide to recreate scenarios internally.

One thing to remember is that LoS has to be recalculated from scratch any time you make an edit; and that is multiplied by the number of tokens on the map.

You should turn off LoS while you are adding/editing LoS and it speeds up editing greatly. Just turn it on when you want to check your work. Also, reduce the number of tokens you use for testing LoS.

Regards,
    JPG

Please describe what kind of examples you would like.

I was modifying a large map of a city for 5E B08: Thief in the Night (Bridgefort Player Map).
    I have LOS turned off while adding it. There are dozens of buildings with walls and doors. I'm almost done with the map and just need to finish the city walls but it keeps crashing.

My biggest problem is that I have to completely force shut off my Mac in order to get FGU to close. I've tried every single thing I can do in order to get it to shut down otherwise. The only remaining option is to use TERMINAL and type "killall [name of program]" but when I do that with "fantasygrounds" or "fantasy grounds" it can't find it. What is the actual program called on Mac so I can finally kill it, restart my Mac, then try to get back to work on this? This one module has wasted two days of my time and I was cranking out about 5-8 modules per day previously for LOS.

Jonathan

I mean specific campaigns all zipped up where the campaign is at the point that you can give fairly exact steps to recreate the lockup. It sounds like you almost have all those pieces anyway.

Also, do you have tokens on the map while you are editing? Does removing those help?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information