DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Party Sheet - Suggestions

Hello team,

I am not sure how party sheet worked before as never played classic, however, I feel it is missing some functionality.

1. From the main tab, I cannot drag the party onto the CT
    2. From order tab, I cannot drag the party members from the watch order onto the combat tracker
    3. From the order tab, I cannot drag the party members from the Marching and formations section to a map or the CT.

How I would like it to work personally - You can set up the watch order as you like as seems to work well. You can then drag those players into the marching and formation map, which seems to work well. Now you should be able to select all the players in the marching and formation map and drag them onto a map, which automatically adds them to the CT and makes them linked. I realise that there seems to be some logic behind the CT which may make this hard, but not sure if there are other ways we can make these things linked up?

To me, I dont see the point in the marching and formation tab, unless as a GM I can drag it onto a map? I guess its a visual clue, but dragging would save time . Let me know your thoughts.

I'm not sure how others do it but once the PCs have been added to the CT, I never remove them. I delete non-friendly and leave the PCs there. Dragging them onto the CT only happens once. I also use a master campaign and add/remove other campaigns as needed, again negating the need to add/remove PCs in the CT. I'm not sure if this is best practice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    I'm not sure how others do it but once the PCs have been added to the CT, I never remove them. I delete non-friendly and leave the PCs there. Dragging them onto the CT only happens once. I also use a master campaign and add/remove other campaigns as needed, again negating the need to add/remove PCs in the CT. I'm not sure if this is best practice, though.
    That sounds like a sensible tactic to me .

In that case, I would see a flow as - you have the PCs in the CT, you drag the PCs to the Party sheet formation map, and allow the PCs to arrange as they want. You now, can select all the tokens from the formation map and drag that onto a combat map.

Basically, my point is, is that as a DM I could get the PCs to choose what formation they are walking in or whatever, before they get to a map, then just drag them directly onto that map without me having to cross compare and order the PCs the same as the formation map. But maybe I am just being too lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy View Post
    Basically, my point is, is that as a DM I could get the PCs to choose what formation they are walking in or whatever, before they get to a map, then just drag them directly onto that map without me having to cross compare and order the PCs the same as the formation map.
    As long as the direction the party was walking matched the direction of the order map - which in theory it will only do 1 in 4 times (assuming travel in one of the 4 cardinal directions).

Recommendation - when you need to add the PCs to the combat map, drag the Friendly faction icon from the FT to the map, this adds all Friendly creatures from the CT, then rearrange as appropriate based off the PS order map and the actual direction of travel on the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As long as the direction the party was walking matched the direction of the order map - which in theory it will only do 1 in 4 times (assuming travel in one of the 4 cardinal directions).

Recommendation - when you need to add the PCs to the combat map, drag the Friendly faction icon from the FT to the map, this adds all Friendly creatures from the CT, then rearrange as appropriate based off the PS order map and the actual direction of travel on the map.
    Good suggestion, that seems to solve the problem. Although I guess if you could rotate the icons whilst selected, it would solve the direction problem. But I did not know about the friendly faction icon drag and drop, which makes it a lot easier and probably the effort for this change really a massive luxury haha.

Blog Entries
    Suggestions need to be added to the wishlist so they are not lost in the forums. You can always make links between the forum and the wishlist items to help people understand complexities etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Suggestions need to be added to the wishlist so they are not lost in the forums. You can always make links between the forum and the wishlist items to help people understand complexities etc.
    I second this, this helps in deciding what we would like to investigate as a new feature and what the community is really interested in seeing placed within the foundation. Please don't hesitate to present new ideas and suggestion to us using the link in my signature.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information