DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Some images not showing up in new campaign

I've been creating some new campaigns recently (D&D 5E) and I've been finding some instances where images I place in my campaign's /images folder aren't showing up.

Last week when I ran into it an image I manually copied to the location would not show under Images & Maps. Clicking the Folder button opened that folder and I'd see the image file there, but it wouldn't be in the list inside Fantasy Grounds. I figured maybe there was just something about the image file that FG didn't like, so I opened it in MS Paint, used the Windows 10 Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of it, then saved the new image to the location. That worked.

Tonight I'm having the same problem with a different image, but the above trick didn't work. I know FG knows the file is there, as if I try dragging the image from another location into FG I get an error indicating the file already exists. If I rename it to something else and drag it I get no error, but the image does not load.

Other images show up fine when I copy them in. I can make a copy of existing images and they show up right away, but this image just won't. I can attach the image, though it's part of a copyrighted work (a map of the northern Moonshaes). I cropped it from the top of the Moonshaes map at the Forgotten Realms wiki.

**NOTE** This is Fantasy Grounds Classic.

JPG and PNG, yes. I have a mix of both that are showing up fine, but this one will not.

This one is a .jpg. I opened it in Paint and saved it as a .png, but it still doesn't show up.

Maybe you can share where you got it; so others can test?

JPG

The original image I used was a screenshot from a PDF of an Adventurers League adventure (CCC-BMG 3-1 Atop the Fairheights), but it's taken from an existing map at the Forgotten Realms wiki here:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Moonshae_Isles

In particular, this direct link to the full-size image:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170924040506

I took the full-size image, scrolled to the top, then used the Snipping Tool to capture what I had visible on the screen (to just below the Iron Keep in Oman) and saved that image as both a PNG and a JPG.

Can you PM the image file to me, so I can test it and/or forward to our graphics dev?

Thanks,
    JPG

It would appear this was something wonky going on with FGC for me last night. I moved the images in today (after a reboot) and they all imported fine. Very strange that only these images (even with different names and sourced from different locations) were giving me the problem, when I was copying random images in and they'd show up right away. :/

Yeah, I was able to import those into both FGC and FGU campaign images folders without any issues. Maybe the reboot fixed some sort of file copying situation...

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah, who knows. The weird thing is that dragging it into FG I could see the file copy (it'd show up in the folder in the file system), it just wasn't showing up in images/maps inside FG. I could even open the file it copied using an image viewer, so it wasn't copying a garbage file.

If it happens again I'll restart FG. If that doesn't fix it I'll reboot, and post back here with whichever one did the trick.

I am currently having same issue. Exited out of table back to launcher, no change. Exited out of program completely, no change. Try to click and drag picture into Images & Maps, get an error saying file already exists. Delete file then click and drag, picture still doesn't show. Took a screenshot of the image 'Tayla.jpg' within the correct folder, all other images in that folder show correctly.

https://imgur.com/a/7uBrlrH

Thread Information