DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Questions about Erratta

Hi there,

I noticed that there has been erratta published for SWADE on the Pinnacle website dated 3/30/2020. I was just curious does that get incorporated into the FG version or is that something we would have to do on our own? I am real new to this, but just trying to ensure I understand the FG practices as relates to updates to printed manuals. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Ikael, the developer responsible for the ruleset and core books will likely update the FG modules with the errata, but I'll let him confirm that.
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi @Mortar, awesome. Yeah, totally new and just wasn't sure if that stuff got updated or not. Thanks for the super quick answer. I'll keep an eye out for the response from Ikael.

Note that the errata mentioned is not new. The announcement on the website is for the second printing of the hardback. As noted in the article, the current pdf version is already up to date (has been since just after the file was sent to print for the first printing, I downloaded it on 3 Sep 2019) and it is this version that Ikael has coded the ruleset from.

I think there are a few updates from that Errata. One is Conviction - which is not code into the ruleset anyway (previously it was a +1d6 on a single roll, now it applies to all rolls that turn and you can spend a bennie to keep the Conviction rolling into another round). I have not looked to see if there are other relevant changes.

I stand corrected. It seems they did make a few changes. I had assumed that we KS backers would have gotten an update if the pdf had been updated again, but I guess they thought this general announcement was enough.

Blog Entries
    I just got an email from PEG about the PDF being updated.
    Ultimate License Holder

I will update the module. I did not get the notification from PEG but I am glad it was mentioned here. Let me find the most updated errata and apply it to modules.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks @Ikael!

Ikael,

I recently purchased SWADE for FGU. And I also recently looked at the SWADE updates pdf posted on PEG's website, dated 11/2/2020.

I did a brief comparison between the FGU SWADE rulebooks and the update pdf and see the following updates that need to be applied to the FGU data (apologies in advance if this is something you are already tracking, or if something has gone terribly wrong in the modules I uploaded):

Making Races
    Positive Racial Abilities table, the Skill Bonus line doesn't reflect the corrected information in the PDF update

Gadgeteer
    The third paragraph doesn't include a clarification on Limitations that are described in the PDF update

Stunned
    The PDF update now includes Vulnerable and has removed subject to the Drop. Recovery has also changed. The update has removed Distracted and clarified what a raise does. I see on the Effects table, Stunned still contains #TheDrop but not Vulnerable.

Setback result on the Creative Combat Table still contains the phrase "simply loses her next action" whereas the update replaces it with "simply loses her next turn"

Powers
    Limitation has been updated describing a +2 max bonus to arcane skill
    Range, Self has been removed and added to a new line, Personal
    Aspect remains the same in generally, but there is different wording in the update

Protection: the Toughness modifier was changed to +1 but it is still +2 in the FGU ruleset

GM's Guide

Alligator stats have changed: Size is now 2, and Toughness 11(2)

Swarm: Under Special Abilities, Bite or Sting doesn't include a clause on Shaken that appears in the update, and under Swarm, there is now a +2 to recover from being Shaken.

Cheers,
    Padre Moto
    Rulesets:
    GURPS 4th Edition, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Savage Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Classic D&D, 5e Essentials

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information