DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Connection issues switching back to FGC

After having some issues with FGU the group decided it would be best to switch back to FGC for the time being. However, I'm having issues with the connection. The following is what I have tried so far:

1) Check to make sure port 1802 is open.

2) Completely deactivated software and hardware firewalls.

3) Reinstalled FGC.

4) Restarted Router.

The Connection Tests keep failing. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advanced!

If you are using Direct Connect, type in the IP manually

Try checking out this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

Also, I would start by double-checking that the internal IP address in the router port forwarding rule matches the the internal IP address reported by FGC. IP addresses can change over time.

Regards,
    JPG

You don't precisely say it, but I'm gathering that you're using a lan game with port-forwarding in FGU. One frequently missed point I see people get hung up on is that FGU uses UDP instead of TCP. So even if port-forwarding is working for FGC, you need to update your router rules to port-forward both TCP and UDP (for FGC and FGU to both work).

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    You don't precisely say it, but I'm gathering that you're using a lan game with port-forwarding in FGU. One frequently missed point I see people get hung up on is that FGU uses UDP instead of TCP. So even if port-forwarding is working for FGC, you need to update your router rules to port-forward both TCP and UDP (for FGC and FGU to both work).
    We are WAN. I did forget to say that I had tried adding port forwarding to both the software and hardware (router) with no success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by googalabosh View Post
    We are WAN. I did forget to say that I had tried adding port forwarding to both the software and hardware (router) with no success.
    Pollux point was in the past you needed a rule specifically for TCP, FGU needs one specifically for UDP, so make both rules to cover both situations.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Pollux point was in the past you needed a rule specifically for TCP, FGU needs one specifically for UDP, so make both rules to cover both situations.
    My firewalls automatically set it for both.

Thread Information