DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Newbie - Testing with a friend right now. Targeting doesn't do anything? 5e, Classic

My player can target (shift click for arrow) the enemy, but when he makes an attack roll, it just rolls as if he wasn't targeting anything. How can we make it so the hit and damage are applied automatically?

EDIT: It works when we drag the attack or damage roll to the target on the combat tracker, but not if you double click or drag to the chat box.
    Last edited by mitchutz; March 31st, 2020 at 20:13.

Blog Entries
    You can hold the left ALT key and click on something to target it - either in the CT or the token on the map. Then a roll will automatically be against whatever you have targeted. If you hit your damage roll will be applied to the targeted creature(s).

You can drag and drop your attack on your target in either the CT or the token on the map. In this case, if you hit, you'd also drag and drop your damage roll onto the target in the same manner.

Dragging a roll to the chat box accomplishes nothing other than perhaps showing other players what the roll was.

Make sure your PCs go into the CT first then to the map. Same with NPCs/monsters - CT first and from there on to the map.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Note: It is CTRL+ Click to target. Not SHIFT not ALT
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Absolutely...
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by mitchutz View Post
    My player can target (shift click for arrow) the enemy, but when he makes an attack roll, it just rolls as if he wasn't targeting anything. How can we make it so the hit and damage are applied automatically?

EDIT: It works when we drag the attack or damage roll to the target on the combat tracker, but not if you double click or drag to the chat box.
    This same thing is happening to me. 5e, classic. If the players target something it works. If I as the GM do it, it doesn't work from targeting. Dragging and dropping onto a player works.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyrat View Post
    This same thing is happening to me. 5e, classic. If the players target something it works. If I as the GM do it, it doesn't work from targeting. Dragging and dropping onto a player works.
    Make sure that both players and NPCs were first placed on the CT and then dragged from the CT onto the map. If you are using a preplaced encounter the NPCs will be placed correctly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Make sure that both players and NPCs were first placed on the CT and then dragged from the CT onto the map. If you are using a preplaced encounter the NPCs will be placed correctly.
    Yep. Several times. Right now, it's one character, and one creature. Both placed into CT. She can target the mob, hit attack. It all works. I target her (the target shows in the CT), and I click attack. The attack rolls but doesn't show an attack against her. When I drag the attack it works fine.

[Update] I loaded up the sample campaign and it all worked. I re-loaded CoS (which is what I was on) and it all worked. Somehow I glitched it, but it's fine now. Thanks.
    Last edited by Crispyrat; April 11th, 2020 at 21:09.

As a DM your rolls are not shown to the player by default. There is a setting to change that. Do you see the roll in chat with an eye icon?

Moved to 5e forum for better visibility
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I did solve the problem. I didn't have the grid laid out. >_> Thanks guys.

Thread Information