FG Spreadshirt Swag

Spellbane effect

Hi all.
    Is there a way to make a Spellbane effect on a weapon in 3.5 / Pathfinder 1st ed? (+2 to hit and 2d6 damage) when hitting a spell caster or foe with spell like abilities? Presently I think not...but wanted to be sure, to be sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrene View Post
    Hi all.
    Is there a way to make a Spellbane effect on a weapon in 3.5 / Pathfinder 1st ed? (+2 to hit and 2d6 damage) when hitting a spell caster or foe with spell like abilities? Presently I think not...but wanted to be sure, to be sure?
    You could use IFT: CUSTOM(spellcaster); ATK: 2; DMG: 2d6, but then all spell casters etc. need the effect spellcaster to make that effect work (or the player assigns the spellcasters as target of the effect (not as normal target, the effect-target, which is something different)

I use a custom effect "Arcane" on arcane spellcasters, and a "Divine" one for divine spellcasters.

Then as the good Kelrugem said, just go with "IFT: CUSTOM (Arcane); ATK: 2; DMG: 2d6+2"

If spellbane is common in your campaign, you can always make an additional data common extesnsion, creating the subtypes arcane and divine. Then you don't use custom but instead use type .

Edit: forgot to mention you would need to add arcane or divine to the enemy types list

Edit #2: spelling/cleaning up issues
    Last edited by Phixation; September 1st, 2020 at 05:28. Reason: fixing spelling

OK, so the easiest would be to add a CUSTOM effect "spellcaster" on to a foe. I'm not quite sure what the following meant: make an additional dara common ext, creating the subtypes arcane and divine.
    BUT if I somehow got to create these subtypes, like [creature type] = aberration, animal, etc. then how would I be able to "add" the subtype to a creature? AFAIK I can't change the stock standard say Mummy to also be a "spellcaster" or am I missing something?

Sorry, Mummy was probably not the best example... but how about Beholder, ha ha

my apologies... looks like i was typing that on my phone... you need to make an additional data* common extension. i made one super fast for you. all it does is add the subtypes [arcane, divine, spellcaster] then when you edit a monster (note you can COPY a monster by dragging its dot back into the menu and then EDIT the new copy), you add one of those types into the line with aberration, undead or whatever. then when IF: TYPE(whatever) is checked for your new subtypes.... it will do the stuff its supposed to. if you are looking to edit/make extensions, you will need notepad+ or something similiar (i personally use code writer). then change the name of the file from .ext to .zip so you can see the files. theres more out there (if you want to learn) if you poke around the forums
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wauuu.... im impressed... I'll check it out

Thread Information