DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Age of Ashes Question

Hello,

I recently purchased the Ultimate license and the Age of Ashes adventure path. I am relatively new to Fantasy Grounds Unity and Fantasy Grounds in general so this might be an obvious question. The adventure path in the store says the maps come with tokens already generated with where they need to be but when I open the maps there is no tokens on the maps. Do I need to manually place all the tokens? If so why does the store say that it comes with the maps pregenerated with where the tokens are supposed to be?

Welcome to the FG forums NightDragon!

Token placement in Fantasy Grounds is via an encounter. Info on those here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Encounters

You, as the GM, decide when you want to deploy the Creatures from the encounter to the combat tracker, which then deploys tokens to the map which are linked the NPCs in the combat tracker - which is key for Fantasy Grounds. All combat interaction occurs through the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    When you open the maps, it is just the image. Because a single map could be used for two or more encounters

As Trenloe says, they will be added using the Encounters features. The encounters are usually linked inside the story entry for the location.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums NightDragon!

Token placement in Fantasy Grounds is via an encounter. Info on those here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Encounters

You, as the GM, decide when you want to deploy the Creatures from the encounter to the combat tracker, which then deploys tokens to the map which are linked the NPCs in the combat tracker - which is key for Fantasy Grounds. All combat interaction occurs through the combat tracker.
    Awesome, I figured it was something simple I just didn't know yet. This is fantastic! Another question I tried searching for but couldn't find. How can I add conditions like clumsy 1 or something like that to a character or enemy?

Thread Information