DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do i save LoS edits to a module?

Hey,
    I downloaded a module from the DM's Guild, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Complete DM's Bundle. However, predictably, it does not come with LoS set up. This isn't an issue as its easy enough to do myself, however, is it possible to save the edits I make to the module itself as opposed to just the campaign? As a complete FG noob, I am currently doing my testing in a separate campaign to avoid doing anything to bork what will become the campaign I run from, like leaving test PC's, monsters lying around in maps, messing with parcels and encounters, etc. However, any changes I make to the maps are exclusive to that campaign. Is there any way to save the changes to the module itself or to copy over the LoS changes I'm making to another campaign?

Thanks

You can't modify the module data, only your campaign.

Your campaign can be reused for another group? Not sure I get your question.

Also, see this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ntures-and-LoS
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

What I mean is, if I create a campaign in FG that only I ever join and use it to create LoS Data, is there a way to transfer that data into another campaign later that players will join?

The LoS data that you did can be found in a file inside the moduledb folder within the campaign folder that you created it in. Copy that file to the same place in the campaign that you want the LoS data to appear.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    edit: Ignore, Mr Z knows better than I and has a solution!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am not sure if this has been asked already, but it seem to fall in about the same line as what was asked here. I have created modules that I have done in the classic version for adventures league. I wanted to know when I open these modules up in unity after adding the LOS if there is a way to add or update the existing module that was done to now have the LOS to it? This way I can be able to open up the module in a new campaign and the LOS will already be set.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth_burnell View Post
    I am not sure if this has been asked already, but it seem to fall in about the same line as what was asked here. I have created modules that I have done in the classic version for adventures league. I wanted to know when I open these modules up in unity after adding the LOS if there is a way to add or update the existing module that was done to now have the LOS to it? This way I can be able to open up the module in a new campaign and the LOS will already be set.
    Yes, see Post #4. If it is a module purchased through the FG store then you can contribute to the project here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Crowd-Project

But if these are DMsGuild modules, then the author there will need to update the module.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes, see Post #4. If it is a module purchased through the FG store then you can contribute to the project here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Crowd-Project

But if these are DMsGuild modules, then the author there will need to update the module.
    This is a module that I have made myself. What I am wanting to know, is what I would need to add to the modules db so that when I use the module again it will have the LOS.

There is an internal tool that we are currently using to convert the moduledb files into something that can be included with the module files; but it is not ready for release to the general public. Once we get to final release, we're planning on improving this tool, and providing information on how to use it.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information