DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by raynbowbrite View Post
    All the effects are gone from my effects window, any idea what would cause that?
    I believe that is populated from DataCommon.conditions.

So, it sounds like there is something somewhere in your modifications that has messed up DataCommon standard data - which might also explain the initial Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value) errors.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah that manager_string.lua error went away when I took the custom skils out. Now I only have the additions to damage types. It's a very simple extension, the .lua i posted in the previous post is the entirety of the lua file. I've attached the whole thing here in case there's something I'm missing, if anyone wants to take a look at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remove <importruleset source="4E"/>

This extensions runs against the 4E ruleset and then you're telling FG to load the 4E ruleset again.

You should only use that in a ruleset that is layering on top of something else. For example, the 4E ruleset relies on CoreRPG - so the 4E ruleset uses <importruleset source="CoreRPG" /> at the beginning of its base.xml file to load the CoreRPG ruleset first.

Further info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/importruleset.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, fixed that, thanks.

But it doesn't look like it changed anything my Effects are still missing in action.

Quote Originally Posted by raynbowbrite View Post
    But it doesn't look like it changed anything my Effects are still missing in action.
    Start a new compaign.

If that doesn't fix it then please post a screenshot of what you're missing - as I may not be understanding what you're referring to.

Started a new campaign, still missing.

It's this button in the 4e ruleset:
    effects button.JPG

and it should have the standard 4e conditions already in it like this:
    effects.JPG

Instead it's blank, all the conditions are gone.

Well I couldn't really figure out what it didn't like, so i took another approach.

I copied the whole ruleset and made the edits I wanted directly into the common data file, and then packaged it back up as a new ruleset. For some reason that doesn't seem to cause the same issues. I was even able to redo the skills that way without getting the string error I got before.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So, it sounds like there is something somewhere in your modifications that has messed up DataCommon standard data...
    Sorry, I should have followed through further on this thought.

You're overriding the whole DataCommon global script package with this line:

Code:
    <script file="scripts/data_common.lua" name="DataCommon"/>
    This basically completely replaces the 4E DataCommon data - hence why you get the errors and the lack of conditions in the effect window.

Change the name to something like MyDataCommon and you should be fine. Also from previously, remove <importruleset source="4E"/>.

I'm testing now, but I think that worked, and I was even able to put my skills back in. Don't worry about not responding earlier, you're not required to respond to my dumb questions!

But I do appreciate that help!

Thread Information