Starfinder Playlist

Players unable to load modules

Hi there,

Just thought I'd report some issues I've been having with FGUnity. I'm a new user of Fantasy Grounds and had been preparing to use FGClassic with my group, but for various reasons (some players are on Mac Catalina, I'm not keen on setting up port forwarding into my LAN for security reasons, etc) I wanted to try out FGUnity. I acknowledge it's in Early Access/Beta, but I thought my experiences might lead to some bug fixes and also help others who might be experiencing the same problem.

Setup: I'm the DM with the Ultimate license. I have the D&D 5E Core Rulebooks loaded including Waterdeep Dragon Heist. I've made the and "Dragon Heist - Players" available to my players. I'm running on Windows, and I host a game using the Server (non-LAN) option.

Problem: My player connects (only one at this point). Everything looks good. He's able to load the "Dragon Heist - Players module" but not the PHB. He clicks the load button, which toggles to unload, but the little book icon stays closed and it never loads, even after tens of minutes. Meanwhile, my PC is uploading directly to him roughly 1.5Mbps for all that time.

We try: uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the players' cache, etc.

Eventually, I tried hosting a LAN game and port forwarding (getting caught out for a while by the switch of protocols from TCP to UDP between Classic and Unity).

That works perfectly. The modules load on the player's client almost instantly.

So, we have a workaround: hosting LAN and port forwarding, but this isn't ideal.

Any idea what the issue is? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by Tympanum; March 31st, 2020 at 09:08.

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

Yes, these are known issues, see the stickies at the top of the sub-forum for more details. I suspect they will be resolved in the next day or two.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oh, I completely missed that. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thread Information