5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

How to host Fantasy Grounds Unity game on mac?

I just bought the ultimate license for Fantasy Grounds Unity. I am trying to host a game on my Mac. I have added port forwarding for port 1802. My firewall is off. When either a friend tries to connect using the external IP, or if I try to connect from the same machine using a second instance with localhost, it gets stuck at "Attempting direct connection to server. localhost:1802".

In the forum I found these two posts that have the same problem: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Unity-on-a-Mac and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-network-game.

However, there it seems that they didn't have the Fantasy Grounds Unity license. I bought the license from this page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...t.php?id=FGU03, so I think that I should have the correct one.

What steps do I need to take to host a game?

Welcome to the FG forums.

What version number and text do you see in the top right corner when you launch FG?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums.

What version number and text do you see in the top right corner when you launch FG?
    Thank you. It says v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-03-26)

I have now been able to join my own game by making it public cloud instead of private. I'll see if my friend can also join

When my friend tries to join he gets 1 of 2 problems. Either it gets stuck on "Attempting resolved connection to server. [128.199.60.165.50294]", or it gets to aquiring file list but then the loading bar doesn't move and the log says: "Noble connect[number]: Handle response from IP adres at IP adres" and "no free buffers, adding one (x10)".

How can I get someone else to join my public game?

Second friend tried it as well, also stuck on aquiring file list. I do see him connecting to my game though.

We have now connected to the same hamachi network, but still have the same problem.

Blog Entries
    Please read this and post troubleshooting info in that thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok so basically have to wait and hope that it gets fixed? Not really much information in that thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beornski View Post
    Ok so basically have to wait and hope that it gets fixed? Not really much information in that thread.
    It will get fixed. It is the highest priority issue the devs are working on. If you want to help them have more information to troubleshoot, you can post the information from the first post of that thread.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information