FG Spreadshirt Swag

MAP sizes Fantasy ground unity more then 2mb?

Will fantasy ground unity support maps that are larger then 2mbs? At the moment, importing maps that are larger then 2mbs takes a very long time.

-I place it in -image folder#
    -then drag it from -assets# --> to my -maps folder#

Will it be possible in the future to use maps that are around 12 mbs for instance?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    yes, with FGU being 64 bit based it will be able to handle extremely large images. But can your network and every players network and computer handle them?

With FGU, its no longer about what it can handle, it about what the least capable computer in the group and the worst internet of the group can handle and how long you are waiting for such images to transfer and load.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Great, it's not that I want to use huge maps, but 500kb map vs 4 mb is big differences, especially when you zoom in. So hopefully it will work smoothly with MAPS that are around 5mb sizes.

Do you by any chance know if they will update the Maps in the Fantasy ground adventure packs? I recently bought the "Lost mines of plandelver adventure", and the maps are of lower resolution that maps you will get when purchasing an adventure in DnD beyond.

It has made choosing between the two (Dnd beyond or Fantasy ground Adventure" a little harder, do you know if they will perhaps include a higher resolution map in the adventure modules for Fantasy ground in the future?

No, the maps in existing D&D products will not be updated at this time, since they need to work in both FG Classic as well as FG Unity.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information