FG Spreadshirt Swag

5e: Sacrificing Hit Dice as part of the cost of a spell

So I'm trying to implement something Blood Mage-y, where sacrificing Hit Dice can be used as part of the cost of the spell. I'm not sure if that can make its way into the Cast button for the sake of simplicity, but even so, what would the syntax be for the effect in order to increment Used HD? In this setup, the player would mark off the spell slot, then click the Effect button to sacrifice an HD, *then* roll attack. I'm just not sure how to get the effect to trigger properly, or if there's a way to do that.

I'd also want to add a null "Sacrifice Hit Die" 'spell' in the cantrip list so the player would have that on hand for using sacrificed dice to power their normal spells. Doing all this manually by going into the Character screen would be a pain for my players and I'd rather not have that be the only option.

This sounds like it would be best as an extension and need to be coded to do the automation you are looking to accomplish.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    There is no effect taht modifies or uses hit dice. You will have to either handle it manually or write an extension.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information