DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    Hey Grutmiesh,
    For clan symbols try using png file type, put them in the token folder for whichever version of Fantasy Grounds you are using. If using Classic you will need to restart to see the new tokens, in Unity make sure to refresh the folder in order to see your new tokens.
    Thank you so much for helping this noob! I’ll give a try when I get home!
    Last edited by Grutmiesh; May 5th, 2021 at 17:20.

That totally worked!
    Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    It is simple to create a new clan in game.

As advised elsewhere in the forum, it is best to create in a game with no players in it. After creating everything you want to include, simply export it as a new module, that you can load into any game. When you export clans you can make them read only, so they are essentially locked. I have already input all of the expanded V5 clans, disciplines/powers/ceremonies, and lore sheets without any major issues.

I haven't had the problem of not being able to change the clan name after creating it...
    Sorry to be frustrating/annoying. I understand the idea. But do you have a step-by-step instruction? Or a tutorial? (I have been running a Chicago campaign and wanted to add more tools for my players. I have a Hecata member and I am trying to figure out how to add the clan and the rituals.)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDice View Post
    Sorry to be frustrating/annoying. I understand the idea. But do you have a step-by-step instruction? Or a tutorial? (I have been running a Chicago campaign and wanted to add more tools for my players. I have a Hecata member and I am trying to figure out how to add the clan and the rituals.)
    Welcome to the Forums LadyDice,

To start, create a new campaign that no players will be able to access. This will be your building campaign. Personally, I have a different campaign for each creation, since it makes it easier to update and to export.

In the new campaign, you will want to load the VTM player rules as that is where all of the examples are found.

Since you are wanting to add a new clan, open the clan menu from the side bar. Open any clan of your choice, this will be your example to follow. Click the green plus (+) button on the bottom right of the clan window. A new blank clan sheet will open up.

In the title for the clan, type it exactly as you want it to appear in the clan listing. It will show in all capitalized letters on the clan sheet, but will show exactly as typed in the clan list.

Main Tab:
    Start with the Clan nicknames in Italics. Then a short intro to give a general overview of the clan. Type "Who are the (insert clan name here)" in bold. Followed by clan specifics. These are all easy to find in the official products where each clan is found.

Other Tab:
    Disciplines should be dragged from the discipline window in order to create a clickable link to each discipline. Be sure to add all three 'in clan" disciplines along with a short description on how this clan uses each discipline.

Clan Bane is pretty straightforward, since there is no special formatting needed.

To input rituals, use any ceremony as your example, since they are the same things just using different dice pools. The same rules apply for adding in Disciplines, Powers, Advantages, etc. Open an example of whatever it is you wish to add, to use as your guide. Then use the example to make sure you format your new content to match the existing content.

Once you have all of your custom content entered, click on Library in the sidebar. In the library window, you will see a button on the bottom that says export, click here. A new Export window will open. Here you can name your new Module, give it a version number, author name, and even a picture to make it easy to recognize. You have the option to select each category of content like clans and disciplines from the selectable list in the window, or you can drag the links from all of your content into the export module window. Me personally, I click the select all button just to make sure that I don't miss anything.

I hope that this is clear and that you find it useful, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

Welcome LadyDice!
    To add to Fear Grounds advice. It really helps to have access to PDF version of whatever book the clan you want to add is in. You can just copy and paste the info you want into your new custom clan. I personally use the clans that are already there as a template of how I lay out the added clan.

Thank you Grutmiesh and Fear Grounds!

While this video is a few years old and is for 5e, it gives a good look at creating something in FG. General keyboard shortcuts work. When copy/pasting into FG just note that formatting doesn't copy as well. So what I usually do is highlight a paragraph and hit CTRL-J to change it into a paragraph. Then highlight the next paragraph and do the same. You'll eventually learn to spot paragraph endings by the period at the end of the line, when most lines end in the middle of a sentence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdl0sUYbUw

Thread Information