STAR TREK 2d20

LFP, Fight the Good Fight of the Faith!

Looking for Players

Righteous heroic themed ongoing game

10 four hour sessions.

Day of week and time: Friday 5:00-9:00 PM PDT (Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time e.g. SEATTLE or L.A.)

Planned Frequency: Weekly

Planned start date: April 10th 2020 (there is no 0 session, character creation is 10 min, then you hit the ground running)

Platform: Fantasy Grounds, you will only need the free version to play on my server.

Voice Required: Discord

Role-play & Combat mix: 60/40

Number of Players in game & needed: 5-6

Rules system: Is my own design, so if you were to take Pathfinder 2, Numenera, D&D 5ed, Forbidden Lands, Savage Worlds, Shadow of the Demon Lord and mix them all together, then simplify it, that would be very close to my system.

To Join the game Go to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=4291 Submit your name in an open slot, AND Private Message me please.

What is this?

In this campaign you will start out as a loyal servant of the Dragon Binder. Living in a fallen cursed world, a world of demonic incursions, the oppression of the weak, and murder of the helpless. The truth is always under attack. Your country was invaded and servants of the evil one have kidnapped and enslaved many of your young people and women. Your country is one of the last bastions of hope, and a sanctuary for many peoples. You were sent out to the other kingdoms across the sea, lands of people in bondage to the oppression of an ancient evil, one who comes to steal, kill, and destroy the lives of families and villages, you are a member of a small remnant of righteous disciples of the Dragon Binder, you decide to stand up and fight the good fight of the faith, this is an insurrection against the ruling power of an ancient great evil with many names, the Great Red Dragon, Beelzebub, the Demon Lord, Ancient Serpent, the Accuser.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

In this role playing game you will play as a servant of the Dragonbinder, with clear instructions, and a mission to accomplish, but that's just the starting point your character choices are vast and include almost any character class you have experienced in other games.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it"

Disclaimer: I'm sure you would agree that J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which is credited as an inspiration to many of us, used Christian principles as the framework for his writing, also C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, which also uses allegory to relate scriptural truths. Two timeless works that helped in there own way to make Table-top RPGs what they are today. The campaign I have prepared is heavily saturated with Christian ideals. it is an exciting experience and a deliberate effort by all players and the GM to cooperatively develop an epic tail of extreme heroism and unparalleled devotion to an eternal ideal. I'm offering you hours of enjoyment while we inspire one another and discover the best strategies to overcome evil, counter deceptive arguments, and build moral and spiritual character. Players will meet challenges, discover how faith can shape behavior developing not only the best version of your character, but also the best version of players, and reflect on what is really worth living and dying for. This game differs significantly from others, though it employs the same game mechanics and rules you are familiar with . It doesn't matter if you are new to tabletop role playing games, in a lot of ways this is the same fantasy your familiar with, however, there are intentional goals to give players deeper insight into spiritual truth and help them mature in their day-to-day relationships, you will be challenged, there will be tough decisions to make, it will not always be cut and dry. and I as a GM will learn just as much from you. Together you will face moral dilemmas, trying to overcome deception and discern the truth, to find a way through the darkness. By joining this campaign you are making a commitment to role play a iconic hero, under the lordship of Jesus Christ, that means you are striving to follow the teachings of your Lord, to free the oppressed, to guard and protect your party to learn and grow together? I did not create this campaign just for Christians or any specific sect or denomination withing Christendom, although it has a Christian theme, I am delighted that any of you join regardless of your religions, or lack there of. So, regardless of your beliefs your welcome to join this game. Fun is the goal, while building a close knit team, develop camaraderie, as your team stands back to back facing the fires of hell.
    Last edited by Elihu; April 1st, 2020 at 22:11.

Thread Information