STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Which modules are fully converted to FGU

Is there a current list of which modules have line of sight maps?

And, are you going to update the older modules to the new capabilities of fantasy grounds unity?

PS: I am new to Fantasy Grounds and apologize if I may have missed something obvious...

Blog Entries
    The Official 5E modules are mostly done. Look for the LOS logo on the screenshot.
    All or most products will eventually get the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Official 5E modules are mostly done. Look for the LOS logo on the screenshot.
    All or most products will eventually get the treatment.
    Yes, see here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Crowd-Project post #2
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm still missing something important.
    For example, I own D&D Essentials Kit that has the LOS badge and have loaded the D&D Dragon of Icespire Peak module. When reading about the Shrine of Savras in the Reference Manual I see the Shrine Location Battlemap. Clicking it will show a map without (as far as I can tell) the LOS layer... Looking at the post #2 reference above I see "Dragon of Icespire Peak - Done Zacchaeus" on the 5th line...

Sooo, What do I do to get LOS added and/or working?

Blog Entries
    Hey Garsun

Im guessing on this... Reference Manuals are meant as reference only, for reading.
    The maps that you play with are linked with Story entries and not Reference Manuals.

I'm not really familiar with FGU as I am waiting for the official release. However, I have read that you must turn on LOS on a map for it to function, it normally defaults to off. You need to unlock the map, LOS is in the controls at the top, and once you enable them you probably should re-lock the map. Hopefully this is helpful.

I have been waiting for FGU because some of my players use apple and classic would not work:-( needless to say I'm very excited about the beta release.
    It looks like a line of sight icon can either be gray or black, I'm assuming black means it's active and it looks like these mass default that way.
    It also appears there's only one layer on these maps. I'm pretty sure the line of sight drawings reside on a separate layer.
    Post number 3 above shows a thread that implies that some sort XLM file can be merged to add the layer.
    I believe it should already be included in the modules I downloaded but that does not seem to be the case so maybe I need to find and apply the appropriate XML file somehow to make it work…
    This does not seem efficient so I'm assuming I am is going off on the wrong tangent and was hoping someone here to put me back on the correct path:-)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Garsun

Im guessing on this... Reference Manuals are meant as reference only, for reading.
    The maps that you play with are linked with Story entries and not Reference Manuals.
    Good Info:-)
    The discovery of the story window is helpful..
    Unfortunately it seems to link to the same map with the same issues as a reference manual (that's a good thing)
    I also discovered that by clicking on the enemy portrait in the combat tracker it also brings up the map...
    Also, the players portrait brings up the map there as well, very nice.
    Sorry, I'm discovering things while writing this post:-)
    Anyway I'm starting to beleave that line of sight is not inclued in the module even though the LOS badge is on the store page icon:-(

Good Day Garsun
    This might have been said already but I am understanding that you need to turn on the LOS for maps as they default to off.
    Unlock the map and when the window on the right side open look down the right edge of it to an eye symbol. Click that to enable LOS. (I do not use FGU to play yet but this is what I have gathered by lurking the boards for a while)

Quote Originally Posted by Garsun View Post
    Good Info:-)
    The discovery of the story window is helpful..
    Unfortunately it seems to link to the same map with the same issues as a reference manual (that's a good thing)
    I also discovered that by clicking on the enemy portrait in the combat tracker it also brings up the map...
    Also, the players portrait brings up the map there as well, very nice.
    Sorry, I'm discovering things while writing this post:-)
    Anyway I'm starting to beleave that line of sight is not inclued in the module even though the LOS badge is on the store page icon:-(
    LoS has been added to this module. Make sure you are looking at the correct map and that you have enable LoS and that you have a token on the map from the CT and have then clicked on that token.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information