DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Questions about entering data for my homebrew campaign

I just got Fantasy Grounds Classic recently and to be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to put my homebrew campaign into it, and I have some time at the moment thanks to Corona, so I've been trying to do things with varying degrees of success. I'm really sorry if I've missed the answers to any of these questions elsewhere.

1) If I have a lot of spells in my homebrew campaign, theoretically somewhere around the 1000+ mark, what would be the absolute best and most efficient way for me to get them into Fantasy Grounds? I started entering them 1 by 1 and that sucked. Then I downloaded Engineer Suite, but, while that was much nicer to enter things one at a time, I was hoping there might be a way for me to somehow dump them all in the game at once. The same goes for items and monsters.

2) Dragonlance had Wizards with different spell lists depending on their robe colour which was dependant on their alignment. Is there any way to do this in Fantasy Grounds? Can I have the Wizard class, then have the subclasses and give each of them access to say five schools of magic?

3) How do I go about placing restrictions on subclasses? If I wanted to have an order of Paladins that had the requirement that the player must be female, or must be a dwarf, or must be non-evil, can I do that? What about restricting Cleric alignments to those adjacent to a particular alignment (so if the deity is NG, then the cleric needs to be LG, NG, CG, or TN)?

4) I tried to add new skills in Fantasy Grounds itself, but then they didn't show up on the character sheet unless I chose a background that referenced them. If I wanted to scrap the 5th edition skills and put in my own skill list, how would I do that?

5) Should I even be using 5th edition as a base, or should I be using the CoreRPG?

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Welcome! Lots of questions

I don't have definitive answers, but here's some more info.

1) Engineer Suite is the only thing I now that bulk loads spells into 5E right now. What format do you currently have all your spells in?

2&3) Unless you are going to write an extension, tying subclasses to any type of attribute is going to have to be done manually, just like you did on paper. Yes you can have sub-types. See the various class creation guides on YouTube. Let us know if you need help finding them.

4) this one I don't know.

5) What do you consider your ruleset is closest to? Have you just made houserules to 5E? Or are you playing a modified 3.5E game? Or have you completely written your own rulesystem that is not close to any D&D system? 5E and D&D Classics have a lot of automation in them that you won't find in CoreRPG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome CalAntoine

Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0v...V7ZYH4fHpLg42I
    Now you wont be able to do everything that you want via automation. Or you could but you will have to do some programming.
    I watched his videos and they were fantastic. I got the bulk of my race/class/background stuff thanks to him. I've also been looking for other videos. I found your one on how to make a custom theme, so I'll definitely be trying to do that at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome! Lots of questions

I don't have definitive answers, but here's some more info.

1) Engineer Suite is the only thing I now that bulk loads spells into 5E right now. What format do you currently have all your spells in?

2&3) Unless you are going to write an extension, tying subclasses to any type of attribute is going to have to be done manually, just like you did on paper. Yes you can have sub-types. See the various class creation guides on YouTube. Let us know if you need help finding them.

4) this one I don't know.

5) What do you consider your ruleset is closest to? Have you just made houserules to 5E? Or are you playing a modified 3.5E game? Or have you completely written your own rulesystem that is not close to any D&D system? 5E and D&D Classics have a lot of automation in them that you won't find in CoreRPG.
    Thanks for the responses.

1) My stuff is currently in Word and Excel, but if there’s a way I can bulk load them into Engineer Suite and then use that to bulk load them into Fantasy Grounds I’m happy to change the format.

2&3) I’ve found a lot of stuff on adding classes, but I couldn’t seem to find much on restricting stuff. If you could point me in the right direction I’d be greatly appreciative. I don’t mind if it’s going to be a bit of work, I’m stuck at home right now anyway so I don’t have a whole lot else to do.

5) It’s a campaign that’s been going on since 1st, but I think it’s closest to 5th so I’ll try and stick to that as the base and splice other stuff into it.

I’m not sure what formats can be used in Engineer Suite but do note that the author is no longer supporting the utility so it may already be out of date and I have seen reports it doesn’t work in Unity.

There isn’t a way to physically restrict things like what alignment you need to be etc. That would all be theatre of the mind.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information