FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG Unity and Hero Lab Online

Is there any way to export a Pathfinder 2e Character from Hero Lab Online and import the character into FG Unity. Unity except XML but Hero lab export to stat blocks?

Yea, our group also needs this.

It would need someone to write an application to convert the HL output to XML that FG can read. It's not something that FG itself would do, so it would have to be a community project.

Having said that, with the Core Rules DLC and the drag/drop functionality, it doesn't take that long to recreate a PC made in HL within FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

there's a HLO alternative too

you install Bluestack, an Android emulator for PC and download Pathbuilder 2e

example :

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    there's a HLO alternative too

you install Bluestack, an Android emulator for PC and download Pathbuilder 2e

example :
    I have seen that an most of our group used HLO plus you need an emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It would need someone to write an application to convert the HL output to XML that FG can read. It's not something that FG itself would do, so it would have to be a community project.

Having said that, with the Core Rules DLC and the drag/drop functionality, it doesn't take that long to recreate a PC made in HL within FG.
    That is what I am doing now and it is still long enough to be annoying. ;-) I think the character creator could use some love to make it more user friendly. Plus if you make a mistake when creating a character in FGU, not sure how to undo it.
    Last edited by Hawkfyre; March 31st, 2020 at 03:08.

There will be some minor changes to the chargen tracker process in the future. The main process won’t change too drastically though, the changes will be more around class options and tracking manual "things" the player needs to do. But it will never be a full blown character creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfyre View Post
    Plus if you make a mistake when creating a character in FGU, not sure how to undo it.
    Manually remove the change. The chargen tracker helps with this - look at why changes were applied and manually roll the back.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfyre View Post
    That is what I am doing now and it is still long enough to be annoying. ;-) ...snip...
    (Oops, didn't catch this was about HLO. Still, can't import from HL classic unless I'm missing something)

This. Especially since as the GM, I told my newly formed group that importing from Hero Lab is easy, and I just have to tweak a few things, cause it was in FGC. So...yeah, been trying to figure out how to use the old converter, but guess we took a big step backwards on this part. It's also frustrating cause I play in Society a lot, and have a lot of characters of various builds and complexity. A lot of times games are 'you free later tonight' kind of difficult to casually rebuild a 10th level PC from scratch in a few minutes before game time. :/

(IS there an easy way for the player, using a Demo Unity Client, to be able to build and save a PC there, and then import it to a live game at a later date? Or do they have to contact the GM, have him/her fire up the server, and all that, just so the Player can build/level up/simply look at his PC? (Or are they just expected to buy a Standard License to do that?)
    Last edited by Kamicosmos; April 16th, 2020 at 06:21. Reason: Hero lab version confusion

Blog Entries
    A demo client wont have access to all the content. They can create a character offline manually but they would need to be very familiar with the system and ensure they get everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamicosmos View Post
    Especially since as the GM, I told my newly formed group that importing from Hero Lab is easy, and I just have to tweak a few things, cause it was in FGC.
    This is a thread about PF 2 import. That isn’t available in FGC or FGU.

Thread Information