5E Character Create Playlist

FGU Freezing/Crashing both Players and GM

Hey there, I've been running a campaign on FGC for the last year+ and recently ported it over to FGU. This is a 5E game but I have replicated the issues in several new games and modules.

The issue I've been running into is regular freezing and crashing when loading anything. The worst is assets, it will always lock up for up to a minute when loading a new asset into the game with a (Not Responding) up top. This can also happen intermittently when opening the NPC/Item/Encounter etc tabs. Most often the game will continue to run if given enough time but it does regularly stop functioning. I've tried making whatever tweaks I could think of: Reinstalled all files onto my boot drive, updated drivers, tried both Cloud and Port forwarding, double checked port forwarding/firewall permissions. Only thing that I can see getting pushed at all is RAM, but at ~2Gbs it might just be all the program will take.

Is this an optimization issue with my hardware? Internet connectivity? Bottom line, is there anything I can do so my 4 hour session isn't 2 hours of technical support for 6 herded cats?

Thanks!

Basic System:
    AMD FX 8320 3.5 Ghz 8Core
    16GB RAM
    AMD R9 380

They haven't done anything with performance yet that I can tell. The same issues that you're experiencing are happening to me as well. Pretty much if you have a lot of modules open, this is gonna happen. Hopefully they are in the process of working on this as well as the network stuff. The locking up was worse for me today than it has been to the point of players not being able to connect. Maybe whatever got broken will be fixed again soon.

I´m also has the same problem. Players cannot connect, down or my FGU freeze and stop working.

The locking up when loading resources is currently normal as Copernicus219 said.
    It's not unusable but it certainly sets the pace of your campaign! I have switched back to classic for any games that don't involve players with new Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenaqua View Post
    Hey there, I've been running a campaign on FGC for the last year+ and recently ported it over to FGU. This is a 5E game but I have replicated the issues in several new games and modules.

The issue I've been running into is regular freezing and crashing when loading anything. The worst is assets, it will always lock up for up to a minute when loading a new asset into the game with a (Not Responding) up top. This can also happen intermittently when opening the NPC/Item/Encounter etc tabs. Most often the game will continue to run if given enough time but it does regularly stop functioning. I've tried making whatever tweaks I could think of: Reinstalled all files onto my boot drive, updated drivers, tried both Cloud and Port forwarding, double checked port forwarding/firewall permissions. Only thing that I can see getting pushed at all is RAM, but at ~2Gbs it might just be all the program will take.

Is this an optimization issue with my hardware? Internet connectivity? Bottom line, is there anything I can do so my 4 hour session isn't 2 hours of technical support for 6 herded cats?

Thanks!

Basic System:
    AMD FX 8320 3.5 Ghz 8Core
    16GB RAM
    AMD R9 380

If you follow the instructions for the sticky they posted at the top of this forum https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide it will help them immensely!

You just email them ( [email protected] ) the entire console.log for both the player and DM. The more data they can collect the better they can pinpoint the issues and move things along faster! This is what I've been doing.

Thread Information