DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LoS Filter for Store

Dunno if this has been suggested before, but it sure would be nice if you could filter products with "Predefined Line of Sight (LOS) for Fantasy Grounds Unity" within the store.
    Searching for "los" doesn't seem to do much of anything, and searching for "line of sight" results in only Lost Mine of Phandelver. I guess that's the only module whose description was updated to include "Line of Sight predefined for maps".

Blog Entries
    I suspect within a couple months everything will have LOS, so not much value in adding a filter that will be obsolete so quickly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There isn't a way to search but all products with LoS have this little widget on them

Capture.JPG

You'll also find a list of modules which have been updated here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Crowd-Project
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm aware of widget and the forum post. The widget indicates that the store database is already tracking an LoS variable. It seems like a fairly simple matter to add an LoS check box within the Filter parameters.

Does that crowed sourced project include LoS enabled products that were produced by the module developers themselves? The first (and currently only) map module with LoS that comes up when you search for map modules is AAW's Sewer Map module, and that shows up on the 4th page of results. That module isn't listed in the completed projects list. The crowed sourced project is awesome, and will definitely help speed up the conversion process, but it's not a definitive list if developers are producing their own conversions/new products.

There are currently 98 generic map modules on the store, 1 of them has LoS so far.
    There are 706 adventure modules listed on the store, 41 of them have LoS so far. Albeit, some of those probably don't have maps.
    I'm not seeing this getting done in a couple months.

EDIT: more store stats for the curious:
    277 Accessories, 0 with LoS. Probably not all of them, but some of those definitely have maps (5e DMG, Ebberon, Wildemont, etc).
    56 Settings, 2 with LoS.
    Last edited by kruvek; March 30th, 2020 at 11:48. Reason: more store stats for the curious

Yes, it would be a good idea to add it as a filter.

The information provided above details ways to do it now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Yep, this is on the list to add soon. It should be relatively quick to put in place. We (I) have just been mostly slammed dealing with the influx of support and technical issues with updaters, lobbies and the like.

As long as there is no option to limit the range of Los it is not really usefull anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kruvek View Post
    There are currently 98 generic map modules on the store, 1 of them has LoS so far.
    There are 706 adventure modules listed on the store, 41 of them have LoS so far. Albeit, some of those probably don't have maps.
    I'm not seeing this getting done in a couple months.

EDIT: more store stats for the curious:
    277 Accessories, 0 with LoS. Probably not all of them, but some of those definitely have maps (5e DMG, Ebberon, Wildemont, etc).
    56 Settings, 2 with LoS.
    Feel free to take part in the project.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lichtbringer View Post
    As long as there is no option to limit the range of Los it is not really usefull anyway.
    How do you play D&D around a table then? That is like saying that miniatures are not useful because they don't have full attack animations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kruvek View Post
    Dunno if this has been suggested before, but it sure would be nice if you could filter products with "Predefined Line of Sight (LOS) for Fantasy Grounds Unity" within the store.
    Searching for "los" doesn't seem to do much of anything, and searching for "line of sight" results in only Lost Mine of Phandelver. I guess that's the only module whose description was updated to include "Line of Sight predefined for maps".
    The store now has an option to search for these. Click on the dropdown to pop up the advanced search options. We will also be having FGC and FGU as options to search for products compatible with your chosen version. Most products will be compatible with both, but we will start adjusting tile packs to only show for FGU compatibility.

Thread Information