DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cannot host LAN game with FGU on Macos Catalina

Hi All,

I just started using FGU Ultimate, but found that I cannot host games right now. From what I read here the cloud option currently doesn't work due to technical challenges with so many users (beta and the ww health situation) which I totally understand. Maybe you could post an announcement somewhere when it's fixed so players don't even have to try cloud.

However unfortunately also the LAN option doesn't work for me. I assumed port forwarding mistakes at first, but being a SW developer myself finally thought to narrow it down and found that the application doesn't even open a port when I'm hosting a game (netstat doesn't show 1802 as listening port and a portscan on localhost also finds no service running).

My current theory is that this might be due to strictness in Macos Catalina and the fact that the current FantasyGrounds.app doesn't seem to be codesigned correctly. I'm getting:
    #spctl --assess --verbose=4 /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy\ Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app
    /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app: invalid Info.plist (plist or signature have been modified)

Can someone please look into that and fix it? I assume Mac users on current Macos might not be able to host games right now due to this.

Thx in advance and also happy to hear if I'm totally wrong and there is another explanation. Since I'm new here it might even just be something simple like "you have to open the hosted game for players via option...", so if you have other ideas, please let me know.

Thx,
    Holger

Thanks for letting us know. Please check my signature for various threads related to Unity and Classic connection issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thx for the response - the threads didn't really help me solve it, LAN game is still no option for me, because FGU is not listening on the port, but at least the public cloud option works now.

Thread Information