DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Some questions from a Noob

I'm new to running in FG (I'm using Unity) but I've been playing in FGC for some time now. So I'm familiar enough with the UI, I guess, but now I'm delving into how to use it more - at least, how to get information to players.

So here are the questions I have that I haven't been able to find answers for with the search function (or perhaps I did and didn't understand the answers):

1) I spent some time adding items into CoreRPG with costs and notes. The players can see the costs, but not the notes. What gives? The items are shared. I have not made them a module - is this the reason?

2) Are parcels not supposed to be viewed by players at all? Is there a way to make them viewable? Or to get them to show up in the item lists? I'm playing Mothership and set up the Loadouts as parcels.

3) Is there a decent list of the dice code to use in chat? I need the code to roll dice so that the success mechanic is to roll under the target number, sort of like in Harn. I initially played with MoreCore for this reason, but Harn works just differently enough (crits are totally different) that it wasn't going to work for me.

3b) Is there a way to setup the CoreRPG character sheet to roll that mechanic from the sheet without using MoreCore? Probably not, but worth asking I think.

4) Sort of related, is there a way to make the % die roll as a 10's die? So I get results that are 10, 20, 30, etc? That's a mechanic in Mothership. I'm fine just using the d10 and multiplying by 10, but wanted to ask. I looked at the Alien Dice extension but it seemed to be replacing once of the dice on the board rather than adding one, which is not what I want. Is there an extension to add a die?

Thanks for taking the time on this, and for answering, if you do!

The base CoreRPG ruleset can be used to play nearly any type of RPG with the same feel as being at the table. This means less automation than the more specific rulesets that have built in automation for that system. So If you wish to have more ruleset specific automation, then coding would need to be performed to get the ruleset to behave the way you wish it to behave. MoreCore is a choice most recommend as it gives you the ability to streamline your game within FG. It also requires less on the coding front to get it to play. I have played Mothership using CoreRPG and MoreCore and have had enjoyable experiences with both.

1) When starting a new campaign I always create a creation campaign to build out modules and content before the session and use modules to share out the information to the players. I haven't run into that issue with players not able to see the items I have created and I will take a look and see if this is normal behavior.

2) You can share the parcel to the chat frame during session 0 to assist in the drag n drop for their load outs.

3) This link will help with dice codes for Unity https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0/Rolling+Dice

3b) No that would require coding and creating an extension or full blown ruleset. A work around is using the Character sheet to hold information about the character and using the hotkey bar for common rolls.

4) Right clicking on dice give more options related to that particular die and i believe the d10s have a % option. Again, another work around is simply rolling 2 d10s.

Thank you! Sorry for the delay in my reply. I do really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I especially appreciate that list of dice codes!

Thread Information