STAR TREK 2d20

Can't Install Fantasy Grounds

So I was originally able to install fantasy grounds, open it and update, but I couldn't connect as a host. I tried turning off the firewall on my McAfee, tried creating a forwarding port, and making my network private, and for a brief moment I got a green success image when testing my connection. Then, when my friend tried to connect with me, the connection was failing again. Then I couldn't update. Then I couldn't log in. I tried re-installing and now it won't let me install it because I still can't get past account login. I get the message: "handlerusercookie network timeout". I don't know how a program could work one minute and then the next it is total lockout. I am so frustrated I am ready to just throw in the towel.

I'm not super tech savvy, but I can generally follow instructions and I've done everything I've seen recommended on here with turning off firewalls, ect. This is a new laptop, Windows 10, I don't see why this is so hard to use.

Can anyone help me with this? Please let me know if you need any more details on my system.

Blog Entries
    Strange, and sorry you are having problems. Have you rebooted your computer? Can you uninstall and delete any FG folders you have? Then reboot once more, download and try the installer once again and let us know what happens.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstrom25 View Post
    So I was originally able to install fantasy grounds, open it and update, but I couldn't connect as a host. I tried turning off the firewall on my McAfee, tried creating a forwarding port, and making my network private, and for a brief moment I got a green success image when testing my connection. Then, when my friend tried to connect with me, the connection was failing again. Then I couldn't update. Then I couldn't log in. I tried re-installing and now it won't let me install it because I still can't get past account login. I get the message: "handlerusercookie network timeout". I don't know how a program could work one minute and then the next it is total lockout. I am so frustrated I am ready to just throw in the towel.

I'm not super tech savvy, but I can generally follow instructions and I've done everything I've seen recommended on here with turning off firewalls, ect. This is a new laptop, Windows 10, I don't see why this is so hard to use.

Can anyone help me with this? Please let me know if you need any more details on my system.
    Comcast, Cox, Xfinity? Check the sticky post.

Thread Information