STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Network connectivity, SocketRelay

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to fantasy grounds but discovered the need for an externally available ip and port to be a pain on my network configurations. I searched for a while and could not find an easy solution to this so I decided to build one. The tool allows me to use a server to bridge that issue pretty easily. Just launching a small client application on my machines and the players machines.

I have made it open source so anyone else that has a similar issue please feel free to use it. I only have a server in Cape Town for now but more can be added easily.

Also if you willing to host a server that would be great.

The project has been released here https://github.com/Celestial-Games/SocketRelay

I only started it yesterday so there may be some bugs and ease of use stuff.

Best Regards
    Travis Bulford

Thank you it was informative I have come up with a solution I hope put your abuse concerns to rest. It will take a bit more time to develop as it require a database and email integrations etc.

Hello,

I released a new version this morning. I have made some communications changes so for anyone using the tool you will need the new client version. These changes were to assist knowing the difference between clients and connections as they were bundled into one and a 5 connections from one client registered as 5 clients. Not a big deal but was something I wanted to improve.

I will be making changes rapidly to the tool for a while as I settle on the first set of features.

Cool, let me know if you have any issues, I may be sleeping around then

Posted this early proper notice below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tbulford; April 2nd, 2020 at 10:08.

RC1 Released for version 1.0.0

I have been using this with players here locally and from Netherlands with a good level of success.

Released a new version today. Includes a windows installer and raw zip for those on non Windows 64 environment.

Significant Changes.
    • Aesthetic changes (New look and feel) fc_host.png.
    • Limited the number of logs recorded into the log panel to prevent unnecessary memory use.
    • Added a bandwidth monitor, this helps when players are downloading initially also it just looks cool.

Regards
    Travis

New end points added.

Added there new end network points.

• Switzerland
    • USA-East Coast
    • Australia

wont be monitoring them right now so please if one stops communicating let me know.
    Last edited by tbulford; April 2nd, 2020 at 15:29.

Thread Information