Starfinder Playlist

How useful is Fantasy Grounds if I don't use a supported system?

I'm curious. Given the current situation, our gaming group has been meeting online using Zoom.

For a while, I've toyed with the idea of using something more dedicated, like Fantasy Grounds. We don't run any of the games that are supported, though. Our recent games have been Shadows of Esteren, Genesys, Shadows Over Sol, and Harnmaster. What features of Fantasy Grounds would still be useful? Genesys uses special dice and Shadows Over Sol uses a standard card deck. Is there any way to emulate these? If I'm just getting a video chat with some map features, I'm not sure it's worth the cost.

Any thoughts or advice?

The Core and MoreCore rulesets support all sorts of die roll combinations and custom character sheets. I don't think cards can be easily done though.

Blog Entries
    There is basic card support via an extension. Not good for card games - not easy for players to visually play cards.
    There are two genesys rulesets.
    I run lots of different game systems using MoreCore.

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Is there a full list of supported games anywhere? I didn't see Genesys listed. I'll take a closer look at MoreCore. Thanks.

I suspected the playing cards would be an issue. You need a set of up to 5 cards to choose from as well as random draw for each player and the GM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomNB View Post
    Is there a full list of supported games anywhere? I didn't see Genesys listed. I'll take a closer look at MoreCore. Thanks.

I suspected the playing cards would be an issue. You need a set of up to 5 cards to choose from as well as random draw for each player and the GM.
    Star Wars Age of the Empire plus an Extension to take the SW out of it.

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomNB View Post
    MoreCore is pretty versatile. In many cases it will not look like anything like an official supported system character sheet and the automation will be lacking but you can get the games basic functions in there without any real coding knowledge.
    FG:Classic Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: CDT/GMT-5 (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: [D&D 5e] A new player friendly, Viking themed game and the Discord Channel is HERE
    Current Project: Helping organize a Military Veteran 'West Marches' campaign on Discord (PM me for details)

Thread Information