STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I'm attempting to connect to myself using localhost on the same computer and the second instance of FGU is stating "License key conflict" should it be doing this when attempting to connect to yourself on the same system?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingozy View Post
    I'm attempting to connect to myself using localhost on the same computer and the second instance of FGU is stating "License key conflict" should it be doing this when attempting to connect to yourself on the same system?
    Start a new thread for a new issue. Did you install FGU twice on the same computer to two different program directories and data-directories? That's not necessary (and probably not advisable). From a single install and data-dir you can start EXACTLY ONE copy of FGU in host mode PLUS EXACTLY ONE copy of FGU in join mode. It feels weird to start two copies of the same program, and if you start more copies I believe you can get into trouble (or maybe it safely refuses to start). But 1 host + 1 client from the data program and data-dir is ok.

What if computer crashes, and I will have to re-install OS. Will the key pass, or I would be told the key is used already?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWWW View Post
    What if computer crashes, and I will have to re-install OS. Will the key pass, or I would be told the key is used already?
    You can re-use the key. If you have issues send an email to [email protected]

I bought via Steam and thus got two keys, one Standard and one Ultimate Upgrade. Nevertheless I stumbled over the same trap, but using "localhost" at least allows me to run a second instance on the same computer.

Removing the key only works if you press the "Update" button afterwards, else you get an "invalid license key" popup.

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Start a new thread for a new issue. Did you install FGU twice on the same computer to two different program directories and data-directories? That's not necessary (and probably not advisable). From a single install and data-dir you can start EXACTLY ONE copy of FGU in host mode PLUS EXACTLY ONE copy of FGU in join mode. It feels weird to start two copies of the same program, and if you start more copies I believe you can get into trouble (or maybe it safely refuses to start). But 1 host + 1 client from the data program and data-dir is ok.
    I was having the issue with getting a "license key conflict" and this was the exact reason why. I deleted both copies (one from my C: drive and one from my D: drive) and then reinstalled on only the C: drive. No problems since!

I am having the Authorization Failed error. It connects and then disconnects saying "The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down.

I just upgraded on steam. I have all four licenses, both through steam upgrades. I do get a few errors when loading:

[9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] FGU: v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-09-24)
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : 4018
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] USER: xxxxxxxxx
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (878507-Better_Module_Window): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (878507-Enhanced_Spell_Window): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
    [9/28/2020 8:19:51 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (878507-Portals): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

These three items are specific to those extensions.

Extension Info Load (878507-Better_Module_Window): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
    Extension Info Load (878507-Enhanced_Spell_Window): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
    Extension Info Load (878507-Portals): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

You might look to see if the author of those extensions has updated for Unity. If they have not, you can give them the above info and it will help them track down where the issue is (it shows line # and position in the error).

The authorization error means that the player machines are not able to validate the GM's ultimate license.
    Please make sure that you have an active license (either one-time purchase or "active" subscription). If you cancel a subscription, it will cancel the license immediately due to limits with Paypal integration.
    Please reach out to [email protected] if you cancelled early and need a refund; or if your license should be active.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information