Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

License Key Conflict

With this early access testing ready I tried to run some client side testing. I use two computers rather than both instances on one. Even though I have an ultimate license it won't let me connect from the client. I get a License Key Conflict. Since I have an ultimate license I was able to delete the key off one computer and complete the testing. but that seems like a crappy way to manage this.

Am I missing something on how to connect a second client computer for internal testing? If not please remove that check on an ultimate license.

Pikup

Blog Entries
    That is as intended, otherwise you could give your license key to the whole world and everyone could play.

You can connect a second instance from the same client using an address of localhost.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you don't GM from your second computer, remove the license key so you can connect in demo mode. If you GM from both... things get stickier. Consider consolidating your GM activities on a machine or some machines that you don't need to connect to yourself as a player from. In a pinch, you may or may not be able to remove the license key to play and then re-add it to GM. I'm not aware of this has any side-effects, but knowing what I know about license checking... it sounds like it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That is as intended, otherwise you could give your license key to the whole world and everyone could play.

You can connect a second instance from the same client using an address of localhost.
    Like I said poor design... Check to stop a second game from being hosted at the same time if you are afraid of piracy. This has always worked fine in classic once I upgraded to ultimate. I know many people who use two clients at the table. But when any unlicensed client can connect you are not preventing anything just creating an artificial barrier.

I could still give my brother my license key and he could run his own games without any impact. And when the solution is to remove the key so I could connect to his game.... That's bad design and no security. And I recognize, in the big list of things to worry about its not in the top 100. Its just something that will quickly annoy folks like myself and have no value.

You can't run two instances of Classic with the same key at the same time either.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Doing it as we speak. No problem. Its how I test my router forwarding. Both logged into the same account. Both using the same ultimate license.

Blog Entries
    Can they connect to each other?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Can they connect to each other?
    Actually I stand corrected.... My second client is using an older license. I did not realize I never upgraded it. But the top line does not say ultimate and it has an upgrade button on it. So I assume its standard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikup View Post
    Actually I stand corrected.... My second client is using an older license. I did not realize I never upgraded it. But the top line does not say ultimate and it has an upgrade button on it. So I assume its standard.
    You probably have two FGC keys.

Different keys will allow you to connect to each other. The same keys, as Zacchaeus mentioned, won't allow you to connect to each other in FGC or FGU.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information