Starfinder Playlist

Update seems to have broken much of SWADE

A recent update seems to have madebroken much of the SWADE ruleset.
    Issues include:
    - The Damage Cap houserule setting being non-functional
    - Effects such as the drop being non-functional and mis-written
    - Custom effects added to the combat track not-functioning, but working when added to item sometimes

Pretty much all effects seem to have been borked to some degree, among other things that seem to hook into extensions being messed up. Frankly with how messed up things are a way to revert would be really good, as this is now causing a lot of disruption to combat heavy sessions.
    Last edited by CassMerry; August 30th, 2023 at 20:52. Reason: found more issues, edited to be comprehensive

Also the drop effect is no longer applying it's damage bonus on attacks

What extensions are you using?
    Do you know which extensions are causing problems?

All rulesets were brought in-line to the most recent theming changes at the core ruleset level of FGU, including Savage Worlds. In addition to lowering maintenance burden (especially for developers who are away currently, such as Savage Worlds), these changes allow all themes to work better with all rulesets.

If there are specific behaviors that are not working with the ruleset (or extensions provided by the FG store products), please provide the steps to see the issue, and what the correct behavior should be; and I will get those fixed right away.

Unfortunately, I have no control over the community extension developers, and made this update available in the Test channel for 3-4 weeks before release to give time to work through any items. You'll have to reach out to those developers for any community extension fixes.

Regards,
    JPG

Absolutely, I know the extensions breaking are a different issue, it was more of an incidental thing incase it provided some clue to the issues. The most notable extension issue I saw was one which renames NPCs appended with numbers to add descriptors, so something may be touching that system.
    The main issue that I encountered that was causing session issues was effects added into the combat tracker were not applying, either custom written ones or premade ones, but effects from equipment sometimes still worked, and that the house rule settingin options for damage cap seemed to also not work, seemed like something may have been up with the combat tracker?

My challenge is that I'm only supporting Savage Worlds for compatibility; as the previous developer has been away and possibly has moved on. So, I can only commit to supporting the core system and making sure that works as it's supposed to; especially because I don't play Savage Worlds and thus don't use the ruleset to play games.

If you can provide any steps to recreate in the base ruleset without extensions, then I have a rough idea about how that stuff works and can track down issues to fix them.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information