DICE PACKS BUNDLE

AT&T Router - Zero Tier - Connectivity Issues

I've been having an issue with my players having a hard time connecting to my server. I am on an AT&T router, so I'm aware of the situation concerning that and have opted to use Zero Tier to bypass the problem. It seems like every week though, I get an issue with one or more of my players not being able to connect.

I'm not sure what good this will do, but I turned on the /console and logged one of my players experiencing the problem... This is what came up:

Network Notice: 'Spam_Viking' connected
    Network Warning: Client connection 'Spam_Viking' closed
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Network Notice: 'Spam_Viking' disconnected

This is very frustrating and has repeatedly cost us a considerable amount of valuable game time. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: This is with Fantasy Grounds Classic.
    Last edited by GM BK; March 28th, 2020 at 20:18.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Network Warning: Client connection 'Spam_Viking' closed - means that the connection from the player has closed. FG will wait for the connection to be re-established for about 1-2 minutes (I'm not sure of the exact time period).

Network Notice: 'Spam_Viking' disconnected - means that the player didn't reconnect during the 1-2 minutes and so the player has been disconnected.

This is basically all down to the network connection between you and the player. I'd see what logs you can enabled/check in ZeroTier to see if that connection is dropping for the player with the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The player in question didn't have any issues last Wednesday, but went to connect today and wasn't able to stay connected. We tried rebooting both machines, but the same thing happened. He's also not the only player to have this issue. Last Wednesday it was a different player that couldn't connect and we had issues with two other players the week before.

As for logging through ZeroTier, I checked and don't see any way to turn that kind of stuff on. At least, nothing that seemed apparent to my limited tech level.

Thanks for the response and I'll have my player check his stuff again to see if maybe he turned something on that wasn't on before.

For now, I'm going to send a thank you letter to AT&T for screwing something up that was working perfectly fine before...

*defeated*...

Blog Entries
    You can also try Hamachi but realistically it looks - from the limited provided info - that like the player is having issues maintaining their ZeroTier connection.
    Are they wired or wireless?

Inquiring! And I'll check out Hamachi. Thanks!

The player in question is using a wired connection. I have also shared Hamachi with the group. We may try that if we run into issues again.

Thread Information