DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 30 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RehorGMs View Post
    Having the same issue as other Mac users in this string have noted. Setup Hamachi with my players tonight and it worked like a dream. Reasonably easy to setup and everyone connected and stayed connected for a test run. I am having everyone look for updates before any connections.

Thanks!
    Im glad you got working but I am defintely not going through all of this just to get a product I am paying for working.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    I've got my Mac freezing up whenever someone connects for 5-10 seconds - and then for some users they cannot connect at all, fail to load files, and this usually crashes my server process too (it never unfreezes)

Have tried port forwarding on FGU, but no-one could connect, nor could I get it working through website checkers. Tried UDP and TCP.

After trying for two weeks, I'm starting to consider an easier setups - FG classic worked so well, but it's not supported for up to date Macs, and the networking part of FGU has certainly had my new group wondering why we're not trying Roll20 or another setup. Have sent my logs to MW last week; hopefully they'll be a breakthrough someday soon, but doesn't look like it'll be out for tomorrow's session (a.k.a. attempt #3)
    Yup, in the same boat.
    Last edited by AznBran; April 5th, 2020 at 06:14.

We have a version that we're testing out in the Test channel that I hope to release to Live tomorrow (requires separate update settings and update download), once I can get some reports of people testing it out successfully. I'll be online tomorrow during the day (PST) to try out connections with people.

Regards,
    JPG

Another Mac newbie here with FG Unity Ultimate licence, set up a public game with a password. Had a couple of problems:
    1. First player (Mac) could connect ok without any port forwarding etc. But when they went to the library to open the PHB I got the spinning wheel of death – window frozen, had to Force Quit FG. Activity Monitor showed that it had received over 1GB of data by the time we retried. Retried several times but no luck
    2. Second and third players (Mac and PC) couldn't connect - one could get as far as password login but it wouldn't recognise the password. Eventually this crashed the GM machine, first player dropped out
    3. After restarting FG a couple of times the first player could open the PHB. 2nd, 3rd and 4th players couldn't connect. Game abandoned.

Spent over five hours that I didn't have. Going to try FGclassic/Roll20 instead. Community and content look like FG is worth the wait, but it's a real shame it's not SaaS...

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We have a version that we're testing out in the Test channel that I hope to release to Live tomorrow (requires separate update settings and update download), once I can get some reports of people testing it out successfully. I'll be online tomorrow during the day (PST) to try out connections with people.

Regards,
    JPG
    Does the test client work with Mac? I am running on a Macbook pro.

Is this possibly going to be released today at some point?

Hello,

I have the same problem I guess, I have an ultimate license. my player only a demo account. they can join the campaign but they can't acquire the module I shared, and when they try, it crashes my fantasy ground session (it becomes unresponsive)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Rockngeek View Post
    Hello,

I have the same problem I guess, I have an ultimate license. my player only a demo account. they can join the campaign but they can't acquire the module I shared, and when they try, it crashes my fantasy ground session (it becomes unresponsive)
    Hi Rockngeek,

Yup, my console logs look exactly like yours. I was able to host games earlier in the week, I don't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    Can anyone test on the test channel? Will this install a different version of FGU?

Thread Information