Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by super4217 View Post
    Any news on when Fantasy Grounds will be playable again?

Could list the errors that started this weekend, but sure you know them all. In short: players cannot connect and it has been tested on multiple computers (real computers not Windows computers ) and on multiple networks.

Same errors as the others on Noble connect, server timeout, program crashing, stuck on "acquiring files", randomly get access but then no characters to pick etc. etc. etc.

Really hoping that you get to a stable version again, that then isn't being tampered with until after Corona is over so we can use our own backup (actually meeting people).

Very best

Jens
    It's working for many people, just not everyone. If you would like to provide troubleshooting info, what is needed is detailed at the start of this thread. Another one of the issues is that the lobby is currently only displaying the first 100 games. That issue is also being worked on.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Fair enough - I have sent all the details yesterday evening. Log files etc.

Lobby has not been an issue for me or my group - we setup as private and then when people connect to the right name then they get to the phase where it starts to connect. After that, it's game over.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It's working for many people, just not everyone. If you would like to provide troubleshooting info, what is needed is detailed at the start of this thread. Another one of the issues is that the lobby is currently only displaying the first 100 games. That issue is also being worked on.
    What does this mean? What percentage of people is it working for? Saying it's working for many but not everyone implies that the people having issues with connections are in the minority and if so, is this a fact or an assumption? How many people haven't come forward because they already see so many posts about the same thing? How many people are actually running successful sessions or are they just dealing with the issues until it's more stable? Do we know any of these numbers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    What does this mean? What percentage of people is it working for? Saying it's working for many but not everyone implies that the people having issues with connections are in the minority and if so, is this a fact or an assumption? How many people haven't come forward because they already see so many posts about the same thing? How many people are actually running successful sessions or are they just dealing with the issues until it's more stable? Do we know any of these numbers?
    No. No idea. It works for me. But I have no idea what the numbers are. I did not intend to imply any type of minority/majority. Only that it is a common but not universal issue.

The intent was to say that just jumping in with a "me too" post doesn't provide any actionable information. It provides more anecdotal info, but as you point out, no useful numbers. For those that want to provide actionable info, their are instructions to do so in the OP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi, I'm completely new to fantasy grounds, I just purchased an ultimate unity license, my players can join my game but can't load the modules. they can't load the pathfinder 2e rule book, but they can load the player's ressources from the fall of plaguestone. whenever they try to load the core rulebook it crashes my session of fantasy grounds. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilkev716 View Post
    Verify windows firewall isn't blocking. Had to fix this today for someone.
    I created custom entries in Windows Firewall just to be sure that allowed all TCP and UDP ports to connect to the FantasyGrounds.exe application for both inbound and outbound rules just to be sure. Port Scanner is still not detecting port 1802.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hamidgeabee, did you switch to UDP instead of TCP when forwarding the port Unity uses UDP instead of TCP for port forwarding.
    I did not realize that. I have set up port forwarding for UDP and TCP for 1802 to go to my host machine. It did not make a difference to the canyouseeme.org port scanner. I will try to get someone to attempt to connect anyway, but it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamidgeabee View Post
    I did not realize that. I have set up port forwarding for UDP and TCP for 1802 to go to my host machine. It did not make a difference to the canyouseeme.org port scanner. I will try to get someone to attempt to connect anyway, but it doesn't look good.
    It did not work. I also tried disabling the Windows Firewall completely and uninstalled my Antivirus.

We’ve been having issues every week and went back to using zero tier to directly connect to the DM in a virtual LAN. This is how we got around hotel network issues when members of our party were traveling on Fantasy Ground Classic.

I've also submitted my connection issues to MoonWizard - two players could connect, the third had difficulties (and is the most proficient of all of us with computer networking, so is pretty bummed he couldn't work out the difference)

We tried a "LAN" game - I port forwarded UDP and TCP from 1802 to my laptop, disabled all network filtering and firewalls on my machine, got cgNAT turned off for my ISP connection (which was causing issues with my switch gaming too) but just couldn't get "canyouseeme" to report anything but "closed" on port 1802.

Similar troubles to Hamidgeabee, I guess.

Used to play FG classic without issues under this hardware / network set up, but that was years ago, and can't run classic now (Mac) so can't even try that out to compare networking issues.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information