FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 30 First ... 142223242526 ... Last
    Double post.
    Last edited by Aesir66; June 1st, 2020 at 21:45.

The GM is using a PC

I have been able to log into unprotected games and my GM put up the game without a password on it and i was able to connect to it it?

I did enter the wrong password at the weekend by accident, is my pc still trying to use the wrong password all the time, why doesn't it ask if i am using the wrong password?

I finally managed to log on and was asked for the password which i entered correctly this time and i was able to log on to the gm's pc.
    I have attached the log files to see if you can see what has been happening to stop me from logging on to the game, this seems to happen up every now and then?
    Attached Files Attached Files

All I know is when I start a game, one player can log on. While another player just gets the "attempting to resolve connection" message that never resolves.
    And I saw what he was talking about when I tried to log onto another person's game. I made sure my firewall allows Fantasy Grounds.
    It just does this, and never connects:
    FGU Log.png

Conection Issus

Any luck fixing the issue? Still Can't connect on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Hey guys,

We are aware that there are several types of connection issues out there, and that's our top priority (now that the updater is patched up). This includes failed connections, stalling on acquiring files, and unable to share modules to players. For now, I want to focus on initial failed connections, and stalling on acquiring files. (I think it might be related to the module sharing anyway; but best to focus on one issue at a time.)

In order to help us figure out what is happening in all the various scenarios that people have for their connections, I need data from anyone having an issue in order to try and reproduce the issue locally if possible, and provide us with as much information as possible to recreate and investigate.

Here is the information I need. If you want, you can PM me directly with a Google Drive link or DropBox link to share large file sets. Please zip up files before sending, so that nothing gets lost. For reference, the FGU data folder defaults to "%APPDATA%\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\" on Windows machines.

1. GM and player log files from time of connection failure
    NOTE: Log files are reset when restarting FGU, so grab while FGU still running.
    NOTE 2: The full log file (instead of just the last 30 lines) can be found in the FG data folder, as console.log
    NOTE 3: I need both sides (GM and player) in order to make sure of the specific issue I'm looking at.

2. GM campaign files
    NOTE: The campaign files for each campaign are located in the FGU data folder under the campaigns subfolder.
    NOTE 2: Please zip up the entire campaign folder before sending.

3. Custom image files
    NOTE: If you are using custom image files in your campaign that you have added to the FGU data folder under the images subfolder, then please provide those as well.
    NOTE 2: If you are providing custom image files, please zip up the folder before sending.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this,
    JPG

I just pushed a new build that uses an updated network facilitation library with improvements to handling more scenario types (mobile hotspots, etc.) as well as some IPv6 scenarios.

Can you give that a try?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just pushed a new build that uses an updated network facilitation library with improvements to handling more scenario types (mobile hotspots, etc.) as well as some IPv6 scenarios.

Can you give that a try?

Regards,
    JPG
    Downloaded updates. Everyone can now connect with zero problems. Whatever you did, thanks!

Thanks for the update. In general, the feedback I'm getting is that this is helping several people that had trouble connecting via cloud before, so it seems like we're moving forward.

Regards,
    JPG

This has made Starfinder login worse. I have four players try to login, but none of them can find me in the lobby server. However, if they login as soon as I do then they can connect. I made a new game and they were able to connect. None of the Data Modules were loaded at all.

Thread Information