DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 30 First ... 20282930
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gm41970 View Post
    I am having what I believe are port forwarding issues. Have a modem (Netgear) and a separate router (Google Nest). I have created port forwarding rules on Google Wifi for both TCP and UDP for port 1802 (external and internal). Still having issues. Firewall is set up to allow Fantasy Grounds. Open a GM instance and then a player instance. GM instance loads campaign and is good. Try to join campaign, but am stuck at "Attempting resolved connection to server. [161.35.108.253:63516]".
    Are you a player or a GM/host? Players do not need to port forward.

GMs that use the Cloud connections do not need to port forward.

Please clarify and then provide the logs requested at the beginning of this thread.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    If you are port forwarding in that situation port forward tcp/udp 1802 from the modem to the nest and from the nest to the GM pc.

Problem joining a game

Hi

I've had some problem joining a game recently.
    I can join and it goes until I can see the game screen, with the other toons and such but then the client goes into not responding mode for a minute or two and then crashes out (looks to be some kind of timeout).

I tried the clear settings thing as well.

Added my logs as a zip archive.

best regards
    Niklas
    Attached Files Attached Files

I cannot host a game at all. I just purchased Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate and created the beginnings of a campaign. I tried to host my campaign, having set up a campaign name and a password. I tried public cloud, private cloud, and even LAN, but where I should be seeing Host Campaign, instead I have Load Campaign. I also tried linking to Paizo and Steam accounts. Links were successful, but my screen still says Load Campaign where it should say Host Campaign. My players cannot find me under my campaign name or my GM Name. What went wrong, and how do I correct so that I can use FGU for what it was intended to be used for?

Blog Entries
    welcome Mayhawk

Have a look at the guide:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Hosting+a+Game

The option is either Create Campaign or Load Campaign.
    Once you choose one of those options you then choose Cloud or LAN.

I will preface this with I did not get the log files, as this would have further delayed the game after many restarts.

The issue we have is everyone connects and gets into the game, but then everyone stops updating the server (I.E. moves and rolls only show up on their clients and not in the server) and no error is shown to anyone, everything just stops talking to each other. I notice that this behavior follows the following progression. When we first start playing at 6:45 pm PST the clients lose sync with server within a minute or so. As the night progresses everyone is able to stay synced longer(i.e. 8:30 we stay sync for 5 minutes or more), until about 9pm when the issue seems to go away. It would seem that perhaps a timeout issue with busy internet traffic during local high usage. Everyone has high speed internet and the server computer never seems to lose connection with the internet during the unsyncing.

This is most frustrating and we had to go to using Paint.net and screen sharing to get through until the sync issue went away.

@Ghettowario,
    @Jawaookie,
    I think this is related to the connection stall issue we just pushed the new build for today. Please see if you can get the GM and player machines updated to latest build, and try again.

@Khuul,
    There's something more involved going on here that may be related to the GM's campaign or version. Can you get the GM to provide his logs and campaign folder to me?

@kellybarnard,
    I know that getting the logs slows down getting back into the game. However, without getting logs from both the GM and an affected player at the same time; we are unable to provide the data to the network library developer to get the issue fixed. Also, it may be useful to get a copy of the GM campaign folder to see if there is something related to the data affecting things as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Starting a new thread for connection issues, and closing this one. Please read the updated first post on the new thread for what to provide.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?59982

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information