STAR TREK 2d20

Pins showing to players

New player / DM here and just started using FG in the last month so this may be just lack of knowledge on my part. The issue I am having is the encounter or info pins being red on the player map but still showing to the players. Once to clear it I made all the links shareable and then made all the links private and that did hide them from the players. It happened again on another map and that time the only way to get the pins successfully hidden was have all the players exit nuke their cash and rejoin the game. We are running the LMOP campaign and the issue occured on a map I made for the inital encounter and the Craigmaw Hideout players map that wad included with the module. So I assume it is something I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You are not sharing the LMoP module with players?
    Try doing a /flushdb in the GM console and have players nuke cache.
    Yep I am sharing the LMOP modules with the players but I do not believe on the players map they should not see encounter pins with DM notes. I will try the /flushdb but, as I mentioned I did have the players nuke the cache and it did resolve it for the second map so it may have fixed it going forward not sure. I am trying to avoid this in the future and understand why it is occurung. Thanks for tip damned.

Blog Entries
    Don't share teh LMOP module withthe players. Unsahre it, /flushdb and have players clear their cache. By sharing it you have effectively handed then the entire adventure and they can read and access any and everything. i.e. they can read ahead etc.

Just share maps/images as needed

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Don't share teh LMOP module withthe players. Unsahre it, /flushdb and have players clear their cache. By sharing it you have effectively handed then the entire adventure and they can read and access any and everything. i.e. they can read ahead etc.

Just share maps/images as needed
    Haha whoops lucky for me all the players are new to the system as well so i doubt they even realized but I will fix it today before we run. Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Happy Gaming

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information