5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings (i.e. high magic, gothic horror/lovecraft type, gritty low money,etc. ) I have a few campaigns that have been brewing for a while and would like to try one of them.

I play a variety, I try to make my characters multidimensional and as realistic flawed individuals as possible. I almost always play some kind of spellcaster because I love options. I dislike high magic settings though. Gritty grimdark realism is my ideal campaign. I create my characters with a character arch in mind and share that with the DM to make sure it is reasonable for them.

Also what are you comfortable with and where do you draw your line?

I'm fine with almost anything. Just don't rape anyone. Other than that game on. Would prefer to keep modern day political issues out of the game. I don't like it when PCs get really sadistic and start torturing captives for information. Threats are fine but we should be the good guys we cant be ripping off fingernails. I don't have a problem with NPCs doing that sort of thing, bad guys do bad things.

What do you look for in a campaign?

Realism, immersion, verisimilitude. Not every priest should be a spellcaster. Only limited Resurrections. Peasants seeing a Tiefling or a goblin walking through town should be running and hiding or get their pitchforks because there are dangerous monsters in town and they don't live in a cartoon for kids 'where there are no monsters, only friends we haven't met yet'. Lots of non-combat encounters/challenges. Adventures that involve and expand the PC backstories.

What do you see as your roll as a player?

Not sure what you mean by 'role as a player' and looking at the other answers it doesn't look like there is a common understanding. As a character I'm often a utility/support or face type. As a player I'm often assisting newer players (and sometimes DMs) with FG as I have a lot of experience with it. I am very familiar with 5e rules so I'm often the guy who will speak up if I see mistakes. I'm not a rules lawyer I don't argue with the GM if they have house rules variants. Things do get missed though, GMs are busy, and rules do matter otherwise it changes from a game to something else. As long as the GM is aware of the situation and what the rules are, I'm fine with them making their own adjustments. Game balance is very important to me

Which campaign and why do you want to be part of it?
    The 2nd one I think? To be honest I was having difficulty following what you were trying to portray in the 3rd one.

Hello, My name is Ace and I am new to FG but have play a little bit with it already. I have demo version
    I have been playing d&d of some sort for about 20 now and am currently in love with pathfinder but getting used to 5e. I would love if you would consider me for one of your games. your settings all seem so cool and can't wait to find more cool people to play with

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings (i.e. high magic, gothic horror/lovecraft type, gritty low money,etc. )one of them.
    As far as characters go I'm happy to play what is needed and to try something new, I am least connected to healers and tend to be drawn to rogues, bards, or magic users of some sort. tho rangers druid n barbs arethere as well... it varies per character it seems but I tend to play neutral type characters, leaning more towards what the party itself goes for (good bad indifferent etc) As far as setting I am used to namely playing fantasy based but I love all sorts. I am personally very into steampunk style setting and just being able to learn and explore is best for me...so...all sorts of settings?
    Also what are you comfortable with and where do you draw your line? I am happy with a cohesive party and respect. I don't really draw lines but disrespect and **** disturbing (of the players. cause **** disturber characters can be fun) As well as very inappropriate things, rape, child molesting ETC I basically just want us all (including the DM) to have fun and not be angry toward each other OOC
    What do you look for in a campaign? I like balance tho it depends on the setting, puzzles are fun, battle is fun, rp is fun. I expect to have fun lol
    What do you see as your roll as a player? as a player, help the group accomplish their mission and furthur themselves! As for class I am pretty happy playing whatever party needs tho I haven't had much luck with playing a healer yet. I'm more a neutral rogue or bard type. tho i like heavy combatants and magic users. but I am willing to try something new!
    Which campaign and why do you want to be part of it?
    I did like all 3 but for me it went 1&3 basically tied and 2 captured my interest less but I am interested I am just not familiar with boat stuff.

If you have any other questions please let me know. I tend to be busy thursday nights so tuesday or wednesday would work best. during quarentine I am good for weekends as well. I think timewise I am 3 hours ahead of MST

It looks like you have more than enough people express interest; however if that isn't the case feel free to drop me a note and I'll gladly respond to the questions. Don't want to write something up though if you're not accepting new players and waste anyone's time.

Good Day everyone,

Based on all the interest i plan on running two groups of 4-6 players and will be adding more information shortly. Please be patient with me as information will be coming, just in between work and kids lol. i will be getting in contact with people and confirming lists shortly as well with intended starts dates being in a weeks time or less for Session Zero. Which day of the week will also be fleshed out, During session zero Expectations will be set out and players will interact and see how we mesh as a group since i believe it is a important part of the experience. I will be continuing to accept applications and interest and will let everyone know whens it full. Please also send me a msg if and when the applications are closed as i would like to know interest and may be able to open up some more groups. Looking forward to hearing from everyone and will be in contact shortly.

Good Day everyone,

Based on all the interest i plan on running two groups of 4-6 players and will be adding more information shortly. Please be patient with me as information will be coming, just in between work and kids lol. i will be getting in contact with people and confirming lists shortly as well with intended starts dates being in a weeks time or less for Session Zero. Which day of the week will also be fleshed out, During session zero Expectations will be set out and players will interact and see how we mesh as a group since i believe it is a important part of the experience. I will be continuing to accept applications and interest and will let everyone know whens it full. Please also send me a msg if and when the applications are closed as i would like to know interest and may be able to open up some more groups. Looking forward to hearing from everyone and will be in contact shortly.

Edit: Attached to main msg to bring it to the front page.

Thread Information