DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

@damned

I use a fiber-optic direct line connection via Vodafone.

The tracert patch.fantasygrounds.com goes through London from other part of Europe, then to the States. If you need that I can PM that to you.

As for the ping patch.fantasygrounds.com, these are the results now from Europe:

Pinging patch.fantasygrounds.com [70.35.199.236] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 70.35.199.236: bytes=32 time=158ms TTL=52
    Reply from 70.35.199.236: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 70.35.199.236:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 157ms, Maximum = 158ms, Average = 157ms
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

The new installer did indeed solve the timeout issues, and did install correctly.

But it looks like, in fixing one thing, another problem has been created? I hope this is fixed soon, but according to FG Support, my order for half a dozen Savage Worlds Books, modules, etc are just not available on the new patch server. And there's no ETA for resolution.

Has anyone else seen recent orders not downloading (Savage Worlds or otherwise)?

I have a question. That might not be the right thread but I hope you can help me. If you bought books on FGC are you keeping them if your switch to FGU or you have to buy the books once again?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenaethon View Post
    I have a question. That might not be the right thread but I hope you can help me. If you bought books on FGC are you keeping them if your switch to FGU or you have to buy the books once again?

thanks!
    All the books and campaigns I purchased on FG has been transfer to FGU. You should see them while it’s updating FGU and in your FGU modules.

jlabbe

Because of the connection problems our party tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. While it worked fine for 3/4 of us, one of the players couldn't get the new installer/updater to work as it didn't finish the update (failed-retry in 10 sec-or something like that). Meanwhile, the original updater he downloaded 10 days ago works like a charm for him. The rest of our group installed the new updater fine. Any ideas on the issue?

Still A Big Nope

I have tried almost two dozen times this weekend. Even today with the supposedly fixed updater. Freezes and times out after the second of seventeenth file. This is frustrating. FG worked well. FGU seems to be a disaster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noodology View Post
    I have tried almost two dozen times this weekend. Even today with the supposedly fixed updater. Freezes and times out after the second of seventeenth file. This is frustrating. FG worked well. FGU seems to be a disaster.
    please post the log file.

Thank, It is working again. Thanks to all the faerūnian deities and to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by noodology View Post
    same here, the FG work fine for installation, I had to switch to Unity because of my group and my FGU jam, i can post the log file but it is a long one,ill just post the last few

/EmbedRuntime\/MonoPosixHelper.dll","size":781312}]},"version":0}
    Checking package version.
    New version found, updating.
    FantasyGroundsUpdater Updating
    5 Response received: 23981178
    DownloadFile-FantasyGroundsUpdater: 35.3109839
    6: Response received: 23981178
    i: C:\Users\Norm\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\FantasyGroundsUpdater.dat
    New Updater found, unzipping...
    UnzipToFolder-C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.dat.new: 4.1415259
    Copying new self updater.

Blog Entries
    Hey Assurancetourix

Did you just install today with the new installer?
    If you installed before Friday please uninstall, download again and reinstall?

Thread Information