Starfinder Playlist
Page 23 of 30 First ... 132122232425 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Oops..I should also mention I'm on Windows 10 and the version of the updater is v4.0.0 Ultimate (2020-07-07).

I previously had been playing FGU. Went to update one day and it didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no go... Not sure where to turn. Here is the screenshot of version and log. MacOS obviously. Fully updated with Mojave. Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 11.04.40 PM.png

Did you change your password on the web site? Try going into the Settings, and re-entering your user name and password.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Did you change your password on the web site? Try going into the Settings, and re-entering your user name and password.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes I did try redoing login information a couple times to no avail.

Did you get a successful login message after entering your login information in the Settings? If not, you'll still get that issue.

Alternately, you might try changing your password on the FG web site to something without special characters (just alphanumeric) and re-entering into settings to see if that helps.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Also, on the Advanced tab in your Settings, turn on Advanced Logging. Save your settings and your new password. If it shows Success when updating your password and pressing Log In, then save that and run an update. Send the Update.log file in to customer support at [email protected]. Don't post that info here though.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Also, on the Advanced tab in your Settings, turn on Advanced Logging. Save your settings and your new password. If it shows Success when updating your password and pressing Log In, then save that and run an update. Send the Update.log file in to customer support at [email protected]. Don't post that info here though.
    Thank you MoonWizard and ddavison! I had tried each of these steps but was executing them out of order. The launcher would run, fail, then I'd change password and it didn't work because the connection seemed to fail with the failed download. After a password change, a full reinstall, and then updating the password in the launcher BEFORE trying to update, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by jlstaffo72 View Post
    Oops..I should also mention I'm on Windows 10 and the version of the updater is v4.0.0 Ultimate (2020-07-07).
    My updater says 2020-06-25. I see 2020-07-07 mentioned. What is the current version supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    My updater says 2020-06-25. I see 2020-07-07 mentioned. What is the current version supposed to be?
    I think you are probably fine, the latest Updater version is 2020-06-25 (at least as far as I am aware).

Likely the reference to 2020-07-07 is for FGU, not the Updater.

Here is a screen shot (as of today 2020-08-15), the top shows the Updater, the bottom shows FGU (I ran an update before I took the screen shot).

NOTE: This for Windows. It looks like from the screen shot in this post that the macOS Updater might be a different version (2020-06-04). I could be wrong though, I'm not a dev.

I am having an issue with the updater today as well. it simply hangs. When i look in the logs, it says invalid_pw

Thread Information