STAR TREK 2d20
Page 33 of 34 First ... 2331323334 Last
    Dakadin,

Sounds like I really opened a can of worms. Sorry about that, though it sounds like it's a lot of good improvements. As a GM, I was thinking the ruleset would simply "obscure" the descriptions and not apply the effects automatically if the item were unidentified, that I would add them as things get resolved, and then leave the players wondering "how did I hit that guy with this rusty old sword?" Part of the fun of being a GM.

Bale Nomad

That was my initial thought but then I would need to change how OB and DB show up on the character sheet and item tab since DB is included in the Magic DB portion of the Combat tab and OB would be included in the OB on the weapon list. It would make it too easy for PCs to just check their skill for OB or unequip/equip their armor for the DB.

I am actually glad you pointed it out since I didn't even think about unidentified items when I redesigned the Combat tab because they weren't in the ruleset before the CoreRPG conversion. I should be able to redo the OB and DB so that the GM can see the additional modifier and include it in the attacks. This will really keep the PCs guessing and gives the GM opportunities to describe the results to give them hints that something is different. It could also be used for cursed items.

Yes, cursed items can be especially fun without being too cruel. One of the items I came up with was a chest that would randomly transport stored items in random directions for random distances. Fortunately for the players it only contained coins. They were really confused when the count of coins wouldn't add up or they would come across random coins farther down the trail they were following.

A more dire item a fellow player found was a helm that would put him in a berserker rage during combat, and it got worse the more he used it. We had to eventually subdue him after he finished off an opponent and then turned on our party. After we took it from him and hid it in the party loot, he would suddenly lose consciousness in the middle of combat or swimming across a river while the party was fleeing from orcs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bale Nomad View Post
    A more dire item a fellow player found was a helm that would put him in a berserker rage during combat, and it got worse the more he used it. We had to eventually subdue him after he finished off an opponent and then turned on our party. After we took it from him and hid it in the party loot, he would suddenly lose consciousness in the middle of combat or swimming across a river while the party was fleeing from orcs.
    I may use that....
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    That ended up being a lot more than I was expecting because once I started working on it, I started noticing other things that needed to be changed. I've got the names showing up properly on the Combat tab when they aren't identified. The Equipped Spell Adder/Multiplier dropdown no longer shows unidentified items since it is looking for any items in inventory that have the adder or multiplier fields set to greater than 0. I've also update the other drop downs so they show the unidentified names when appropriate. This required me to update the way the protection fields work. I also started thinking that the OB and DB fields probably shouldn't show the bonuses when items aren't identified so I am trying to figure out the best way to handle that. I don't know if I will finish up everything tonight for the Tuesday release but it should be next Tuesday at the latest with some new effects and options for showing/hiding Table Resolver effects from the PCs.
    Or make it so that you manually add that bonus to result when rolling from critical table and when item is identified add bonus to be seen. Players will anyway know that there are some bonuses as result is better than it should be.

I found more stuff to do with the non-ID items on the Combat Tracker in the attacks and defenses sections and with the chat message not showing the non-ID name. I have most of it done but unfortunately I hit a bug that I won't be able to fix before the deadline for the Tuesday release. It works smoothly until I add a new combatant to the Combat Tracker and then the name stops updating. I do have the Non-ID fields added to the Character Sheet and Combat Tracker so only the GM can see them and it does add to the total but will be included as a modifier in the attacks.

Hey Dakadin yer friendly annoyance here again ... I understand Arcane isn't something alot of players wanna deal with ... but could you possibly figure out a way to give us 4 prime requisites (as pure spell casters of arcane require em/in/pr & sd!) and its kinda hard to enter these classes correctly without the 4 LOL!

RMC doesn't have any professions that I can remember with 4 prime stats. I think that is just in RMSS/RMFRP

The code for the Non-ID items is on test now and will be released on Tuesday. The names should show correctly based on the ID of the item on the character sheet and combat tracker. It should also show the appropriate name when making attacks.

I added some Non-ID OB and DB fields on the Combat tab and Combat Tracker that only the GM can see. These will adjust based on if the item is identified or not and will be applied to the attacks and defenses.

Please let me know if you see any other places where the names aren't showing correctly or if you have any questions.

Hi Dakadin,

I wanted to install the RMC ruleset on FGU, bought it in the Forge but then nothing more happened? Do I have to download/copy it to FGU directory or what? I updated FGU a few times, but only the core RPG ruleset is there and no RMC inside?
    By the way can you give me a quick comparison between ERA and FGU with RMC2? I want a Shadowworld campaign and own all ERA files. But with ERA there is no mapping possible and I want RMSS as base of my campaign.

Thanks
    Micael

Thread Information