STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 34 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Hi Prunttonner,

Clothing will count as weight unless you change it to the equipped icon on the inventory sheet. One thing to realize is the existing items of clothing were all of type Accessory. I updated the versions in Character Law to use type Clothing so if you drag one of those over it should work without changing anything. If you have existing items of clothing then just change the type from Accessory to Clothing and it should remove the weight for encumbrance if it is Equipped. There is a bug in the current build where items that are Not Carried are counting as weight. I've got it fixed in my dev version already.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Prunttonner,

Clothing will count as weight unless you change it to the equipped icon on the inventory sheet. One thing to realize is the existing items of clothing were all of type Accessory. I updated the versions in Character Law to use type Clothing so if you drag one of those over it should work without changing anything. If you have existing items of clothing then just change the type from Accessory to Clothing and it should remove the weight for encumbrance if it is Equipped. There is a bug in the current build where items that are Not Carried are counting as weight. I've got it fixed in my dev version already.

Dakadin
    Hi Dadakin,

Thank you for the explanation, I tested with Clothing items (Carried) and obviusly it didn't work.

Regards,
    Last edited by Prunttonner; May 21st, 2020 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post

RMC v2.1.0
    [Added] Weapons and shields added to /removed from the Combat tab will automatically add/remove the items in the inventory
    [Added] Weapons and shields added to/removed from the character sheet inventory will automatically add/remove them on the Combat tab
    [Added] Handle changes to the Type field from the Combat tab so that it creates/removes inventory items if they are weapons or shields
    Dakadin,

I get the convenience factor of closely linking things between the Combat tab and the Inventory tab and between the Combat Tracker and the Inventory tab. However, how should we handle multiple types of attacks with the same weapon? For instance, melee attacks or thrown attacks with a dagger. The way I was doing it, I would create 2 entries on the Combat tab, each for the same weapon with a subtitle for the attack type, like "Dagger, thrown", and then associate the appropriate skill with that attack, since different skills with the same weapon are developed independently. Now, a character setup that way shows 3 dagger entries on both the Combat and Inventory tabs and on the CT.

What's the best way to set this up?

Bale Nomad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bale Nomad; May 22nd, 2020 at 00:56.

I also noticed that ranged attacks with the dagger have no penalties applied to them, regardless of range.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bale Nomad; May 22nd, 2020 at 01:07.

Hi Bale Nomad,

The change was done for a couple reasons.
    1. The main one was it wouldn't update the attacks in the Combat Tracker unless you removed the combatant from the CT and re-added them. It mainly came up if you wanted to use alternate criticals. This is the one that motivated me to make the change now instead of later.
    2. Updates during leveling or other times to PCs didn't always update the CT. If you added or removed things then they had to be done on the CT also.
    3. It was confusing for new users that weren't familiar with the process.

I have a couple ideas on how to fix the situation you are encountering in the future. Here are a couple things you can do now:
    1. Change the daggers you don't want to show up in inventory to Type Special instead of One-Handed Slashing. Only the 6 different weapon types and Shields are copied to your inventory. The other types aren't copied.
    2. The other option would be to just change the extra items to Not Carried on the Inventory tab so they don't count against the character's load. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the version on test that doesn't remove the weight for Not Carried. That will be fixed soon.

The Range modifier is just a place holder so the entry would be in the Table Resolver when resolving the attack. Too often ranged attacks would be rolled and the modifier wasn't added before the roll. It just made it easy for the GM to just type in the modifier when resolving the attack. It only saved a couple clicks but a few people asked for it and it was easy to add so I did.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Dakadin, thought I would offer some help with these items.

NOTE: I can see the Troll in Table 04-01, not sure what is happening there for Xen. I am guessing part of the issue is that for whatever reason the original author decided not to implement window resizing on some of the windows (it seems pretty arbitrary to me as to which can be resized and which cannot).

Attachment 35204

For the inability to scroll, it seems the Mouse Wheel does not work to scroll for Skills, but grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it to scroll up/down does work. It is difficult with Skills that have a lot of descriptive text to grab and use the scrollbar because it will tend to scroll really quickly with just slight mouse movements.

As a contrast to the inability to use the Mouse Wheel for Skills, the Mouse Wheel works fine on Table 06-01 Race Background Options. I did a few other checks here and there, and everything I briefly tried worked with the Mouse Wheel, I did not check everything though.

Attached is an image of using the Mouse to grab and drag the scrollbar.

Attachment 35214

Hopefully this helps to track it down.

Edit: sigh, not sure what happened to the second image there.
    I was working on the skills issue and the mouse wheel works for me in both FGC and FGU so what I ended up doing was changing the skill window so it can be resized. That should allow resizing the image and then the scrolling should be easier.

Dakadin,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I changed the type to "Special" on "Dagger, Thrown" in the Combat tab, and it disappeared from that tab. I opened it from the Inventory tab (where apparently the change was actually applied), then dragged the window handle from the item sheet onto the Combat tab, and it was simultaneously added to the CT. I then deleted it from the Inventory tab without disturbing the Combat tab or CT. Then I modified the "regular" instance of the Dagger with the associated 1HS weapon skill to make it the same as the "Dagger, Melee" copy and deleted the "Dagger, Melee" copy, which cascaded to the Inventory tab and CT. Baldor is now a happy camper, since he's only actually carrying 1 dagger instead of 3.

Thanks also for the information regarding the range modifiers.

Bale Nomad

Hi Dadakin,

Yesterday we tested CT. We noticed that OB wounded modifier (25%-50%-75% of concussion points) is applied to NPC but not to PC Character. I don't know if it's something to be fixed or I did something wrong.

I attach some screenshots.

Modifier wounded not applied.jpg
    Modifier wounded ok.jpg

Regards,
    Prunttonner
    Last edited by Prunttonner; June 10th, 2020 at 22:40.

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it.

I created 2 new skills, one for the Base Attack Roll and the other for the Base Spell Attack for non-elemental attacks. I wanted those to appear in the CT so the players can roll straight from the CT whenever they are casting a spell and since it's a skill I can't drag the skill in the Combat tab so it would appear. So I just right-clicked and manually added each skill to the Combat tab and they do appear in the CT now and then went in to the Base Spell Attack skill and manually added in a 2 for the characters level. Should I be doing this another way? 5 of my 7 players are casters so manually created the 10 entries for the 2 skills each which wasn't a problem, just thought I might be doing it the hard way. Looking at the Combat tab of a character I also wondered if there was a way to organize the items in the Attacks and Defenses box alphabetically so I tried dragging and dropping one of the entries in to a different slot and saw a console message for: Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua"]:53: attempt to index local 'newentry' (a nil value). (Script Execution Weaponslist.JPG)

Thread Information