DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 34 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Thanks. Just be sure to do some of the things I mentioned if you are running it in FGU. It works pretty well but can take a little bit to first load a table. That should improve as the do more performance improvements to FGU.

RMC v2.1.0

RMC v2.1.0 is now on the test channel. I had to update the version number so that I could automatically update the existing campaigns with these latest changes so this isn't the big update v2.1 that I've been mentioning. I've pushed most of the features back to what will be v2.2 but it does includes all the changes that I did to link the Inventory tab to the Combat tab and to the Combat Tracker attacks and defenses. It was described in the 2nd half of this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post510517

There are a couple bugs in the test channel that have already been brought up and resolved in my development build.
    * The new Martial Arts and Spell Attack buttons on the Combat tab open those attack lists but the lists aren't refreshing so they appear blank. To view the list, hold down the CTRL button and click and drag the bottom right corner of the window until the list appears.
    * On the Inventory tab the Not Carried/Carried/Equipped button doesn't remove the weight when Not Carried.

If there are no major issues before Friday morning then I am going to turn it over to be released to the live channel. There will be one more udpate for the release build with the minor fixes that come up during the week in addition to the ones that I already have on my list.

The full list of changes is below. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

RMC v2.1.0
    [Fixed] Attacks and defenses sections in the Combat Tracker because they don't reflect changes in the charsheet or NPC sheet.
    [Fixed] Critical Table type doesn't update in the CT when updated using the links for the attacks
    [Added] Weapons and shields added to /removed from the Combat tab will automatically add/remove the items in the inventory
    [Added] Weapons and shields added to/removed from the character sheet inventory will automatically add/remove them on the Combat tab
    [Added] Set the Link on the weapons and shields in the Combat tab to the same link as the items in the Inventory tab so updating one updates the other
    [Added] Adding/deleting items on the Combat tab should add/delete on the Combat Tracker if the character is on the Combat Tracker
    [Added] Handle changes to the Type field from the Combat tab so that it creates/removes inventory items if they are weapons or shields
    [Updated] Combat Tracker attacks and defenses for existing campaigns to use the new links to the source items
    [Updated] The Character Sheet Martial Arts section to use the Combat tab attacks section instead of its own section
    [Added] Martial arts attacks to Arms Law
    [Added] Buttons for martial arts attacks and spell attacks to the Combat tab that will open the appropriate attack list
    [Added] Ability to roll initiative from the Combat Tracker by double clicking or dragging the Init field on the Combat Tracker
    [Updated] Worn/Equipped items on the inventory tab won’t count the weight for only Clothing and Armor items instead of all items based on Character Law Encumbrance on pg 28
    [Updated] The clothing items in Character Law to be of type Clothing instead of Accessory
    [Fixed] Script execution error: [string “ ct/scripts/ct_weapons.lua”]:49: attempt to index a nil value
    [Added] Names to labels on the Character Sheet to help with extensions
    [Fixed] The Equipped Armor Link is not clearing when the Equipped Armor is set to a blank value
    [Fixed] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:738: setDescription: Invalid parameter 1
    [Added] Another Rolemaster desktop decal

I'm all patched up to v2.1.0 and after some playing around with the Console open I was able to find the following. Frame and Combat Tab Warning.JPG

After starting up FGU, the very first time I opened a character sheet for that session the Main tab opened and it generates the 'Frame tabs' warning. The 'Frame textlinedice' would appear after clicking the Spells tab on a character but only if that character had spells listed on that tab. After the initial warning for both of the Frame messages the only time I could reproduce the warnings was by restarting FGU. Again only the very first time the Main or Spell tab was opened. Opening other character sheets after the initial Frame warnings would not generate new warnings. After about 15 minutes of messing around I just couldn't get the warnings to come back until I restarted FGU again.

The template error would appear the first time the Combat tab was clicked after opening a character sheet. Clicking another tab in the same character sheet then clicking the Combat tab would not generate another template error until that character sheet was closed and reopened. I bounced FGU a few times and was able to replicate the error each time.

Another one I found was if I manually changed the number of Ranks in a skill it would generate a 'Recursive call' warning. Rank Recursive Call.JPG

The last thing I noticed was the double lines under Parry. I noticed a few days ago the double lines appearing under items in the Attack section of the CT but it went away but now it's being persistent for me. Manually creating a new defense or attack also creates a double line for that item. Parry Double Lines.JPG I couldn't find any mention of it so I thought I'd at least bring it up too.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

Xen

Hi Xen,

Yes, that makes sense. I added the first four to my list and will get those resolved.

The last one with the double lines is an issue in FGU where it periodically doubles up a frame(graphic) for a control. It is just showing the 2nd one below the other one.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dakadin

We had another session yesterday evening, which was an absolute nightmare!

We had connection problems (some people seeimg me in the lobby and others not), frequent lock-ups (blue wheel of death), characters not being available for players, maps not loading and others. It then lost LOS on a map, which actually made things a bit easier, but we did spend over 2 hours trying to get it to work, although some of that was my internet connection dropping out.

Anyway, a couple more bits.

I added a couple of additional crit types to a magical weapon, but it would only recognise the first on the table resolver. In the weapon itself there is space for two additional crit types, and so i wonder if the second could also be added to the TR?

Also, adding or changing a weapon on a character combat tab did not update the CT. I don't know whether this was then fixed by your latest update, but I thought i would mention it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I ran another session using FGU and experienced some of the issues you have encountered. Here are a few things that might help when running a game in FGU.

• It takes time to load a table on the Table Resolver the first time. Open the RM Tables before you start playing and open any tables that you normally uses by dragging them to the Table Resolver. It seems to cache them so it goes much faster after that.
    • If things disappear off the Combat Tracker like attacks or defenses, then just have the person that is experiencing it close and reopen the Combat Tracker and they should be back. For some reason, it isn't initializing those panels at times when they are opening and closing them.
    • The pink bars on the tokens is a Unity issue where the graphics aren't loading properly.
    • The missing images from the Library when you click the link to go to a specific section is an FGU issue also. I was able to duplicate it using the 5E ruleset.

I am almost ready to turn over the version that I am working on. I am just working on the campaign conversion part so should be able to turn it over tomorrow. It's been a lot more involved than I thought it would be but I am really liking how things are working with it now.

Basically if you add a weapon or shield to your inventory it will automatically add them to the Combat tab and Combat Tracker. If you delete them from the inventory it will delete them the Combat Tab and Combat Tracker. If you add an attack, weapon or shield to the Combat tab, it will add it to the Combat Tracker and if it is a weapon or shield it will add it to the PC's inventory. Removing them from the Combat tab will remove them from the Combat Tracker and the inventory if appropriate.

The links all link back to one base item either on the Combat tab or in the inventory if it is a weapon or shield. If you update it in one place it will be reflected in the others. The fields are also linked to each other so the updates will be seen in the other locations.

One outcome from this is some of the fields in the lists are read only now so you have to click the links to make changes to them. Adding or deleting attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker won't update the base records whether they are PCs or NPCs. This will allow the GM to add things without them being permanently added to the base records. If you want them to be part of the base records then go to that record and make the appropriate changes.

Once this is in the test channel, please test it if you can since this involved quite a few major changes and I want to see if I can resolve any major issues by Thursday.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Hi Dadakin!!!

I've been testing v2.1.0 today and is awesome. Great work. Combat tracker works properly and all items are linked so it's easier to keep all up to date managing inventory only. Even I think FGU opens the tables faster now.

Keep in mind to fix party sheet hide rolls issue in further actualizations!!!

Great advances since I started to test the Ruleset!!!

Regards,
    Last edited by Prunttonner; May 20th, 2020 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    We had another session yesterday evening, which was an absolute nightmare!

We had connection problems (some people seeimg me in the lobby and others not), frequent lock-ups (blue wheel of death), characters not being available for players, maps not loading and others. It then lost LOS on a map, which actually made things a bit easier, but we did spend over 2 hours trying to get it to work, although some of that was my internet connection dropping out.

Anyway, a couple more bits.

I added a couple of additional crit types to a magical weapon, but it would only recognise the first on the table resolver. In the weapon itself there is space for two additional crit types, and so i wonder if the second could also be added to the TR?

Also, adding or changing a weapon on a character combat tab did not update the CT. I don't know whether this was then fixed by your latest update, but I thought i would mention it!
    Hi Arion,

Sorry to hear you had so many issues.

The 2 additional criticals show up for me. In version 2.0.4, they wouldn't show up if you changed them from the CT. That was part of the reason for the changes that led to v2.1.0.

If this was with version 2.1.0 it should have added them to the CT. Version 2.0.4 didn't add them to the CT. It was the major change that was made. It does show me one thing to change about how it works though so it will work a bit better.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Prunttonner View Post
    Hi Dadakin!!!

I've been testing v2.0.1 today and is awesome. Great work. Combat tracker works properly and all items are linked so it's easier to keep all up to date managing inventory only. Even I think FGU opens the tables faster now.

Keep in mind to fix party sheet hide rolls issue in further actualizations!!!

Great advances since I started to test the Ruleset!!!

Regards,
    Hi Prunttonner,

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't forgotten about the party rolls. It is on my list to fix this week.

Dakadin

One of my players was goofing around and discovered that if you drag a box such as the Zero from the Act % column then dragged and dropped it over the PP box (13), it would throw a script execution error. Script Execution Error.JPG It would only trigger 1 error each time we did this, all the additional errors you see in the image is because I was dragging other boxes around and dropping them in other columns too.

Xen

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    RMC v2.1.0 is now on the test channel. I had to update the version number so that I could automatically update the existing campaigns with these latest changes so this isn't the big update v2.1 that I've been mentioning. I've pushed most of the features back to what will be v2.2 but it does includes all the changes that I did to link the Inventory tab to the Combat tab and to the Combat Tracker attacks and defenses. It was described in the 2nd half of this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post510517

There are a couple bugs in the test channel that have already been brought up and resolved in my development build.
    * The new Martial Arts and Spell Attack buttons on the Combat tab open those attack lists but the lists aren't refreshing so they appear blank. To view the list, hold down the CTRL button and click and drag the bottom right corner of the window until the list appears.
    * On the Inventory tab the Not Carried/Carried/Equipped button doesn't remove the weight when Not Carried.

If there are no major issues before Friday morning then I am going to turn it over to be released to the live channel. There will be one more udpate for the release build with the minor fixes that come up during the week in addition to the ones that I already have on my list.

The full list of changes is below. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

RMC v2.1.0
    [Fixed] Attacks and defenses sections in the Combat Tracker because they don't reflect changes in the charsheet or NPC sheet.
    [Fixed] Critical Table type doesn't update in the CT when updated using the links for the attacks
    [Added] Weapons and shields added to /removed from the Combat tab will automatically add/remove the items in the inventory
    [Added] Weapons and shields added to/removed from the character sheet inventory will automatically add/remove them on the Combat tab
    [Added] Set the Link on the weapons and shields in the Combat tab to the same link as the items in the Inventory tab so updating one updates the other
    [Added] Adding/deleting items on the Combat tab should add/delete on the Combat Tracker if the character is on the Combat Tracker
    [Added] Handle changes to the Type field from the Combat tab so that it creates/removes inventory items if they are weapons or shields
    [Updated] Combat Tracker attacks and defenses for existing campaigns to use the new links to the source items
    [Updated] The Character Sheet Martial Arts section to use the Combat tab attacks section instead of its own section
    [Added] Martial arts attacks to Arms Law
    [Added] Buttons for martial arts attacks and spell attacks to the Combat tab that will open the appropriate attack list
    [Added] Ability to roll initiative from the Combat Tracker by double clicking or dragging the Init field on the Combat Tracker
    [Updated] Worn/Equipped items on the inventory tab won’t count the weight for only Clothing and Armor items instead of all items based on Character Law Encumbrance on pg 28
    [Updated] The clothing items in Character Law to be of type Clothing instead of Accessory
    [Fixed] Script execution error: [string “ ct/scripts/ct_weapons.lua”]:49: attempt to index a nil value
    [Added] Names to labels on the Character Sheet to help with extensions
    [Fixed] The Equipped Armor Link is not clearing when the Equipped Armor is set to a blank value
    [Fixed] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:738: setDescription: Invalid parameter 1
    [Added] Another Rolemaster desktop decal
    Hi Dadakin,

I am testing many things about inventory improvements, it looks quite well. Moreover the bugs you said, I've noticed that Clothing still counting to the weight, I don't if it is due the bug you commented.

Regards,
    Prunttonner

Thread Information