DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 34 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    The associated skill should only show up when an item is on a character sheet. It is used to tie a skill to a weapon so that the OB will automatically update as the skill changes. There isn't a need for it when it isn't on a character so it isn't shown. Also since it only updates the OB, it doesn't do any good for other types of items. You would just use the skills in those cases. Hopefully that helps.

Yeah that does help thanks. I was messing around with items to see if I can make an item that would add a bonus to a particular skill such as Swimming automatically or if I have to create the item then add the bonus in manually to that skills Item bonus slot but that's how I ended up noticing the Associated Skill slot.

You have to manually fill it in the skills tab. There isn't a way for items to give a skill bonus except to OB and DB.

I was following along with one of the older Combat Example videos on YouTube and in the video a character was going to cast a Sleep spell. It showed the character making a Base Attack Spell roll in order to do resistance checks. So I got to looking around and couldn't figure out how to recreate that skill roll. I found the Base Attack Spell in Spell Law under Spell Attacks and tried adding that to the Combat tab on one of my characters. However that skill does not actually show up as an action I can roll on from the Combat Tracker in case that character wanted to cast a non-directed spells attack such as Sleep or Vacuum. I also noticed after doing a Shock Bolt attack, I resolved it and wanted to see what the Fumble chart looked like. But when I resolved the Fumble the Attack Spell Failure (SF-02) table shows up blank. BAS and Fumble Table.JPG

Hi Xen,

Yes, the Base Attack Spell is something I have all my casters add to their Combat tabs if they have any spells that require RRs. They just need to fill in the OB as their level. It will roll on the Base Spell Attack Table and even pull up the appropriate modifiers for stun, etc. in this version. If you want to manual create them for specific spells you can create a new item using the Items sidebar. Just set the Attack Table to Base Spell Attack Table. You could create separate ones for each of their resistible spells but that would be problematic in the Combat Tracker because of the number of attacks with one entry. You will find that makes for a lot more scrolling.

The spell failure table isn't showing the column because the Table Resolver is too small to display the first column. Just make the Table Resolver bigger and you will be able to see it. I added it to my list to set the minimum size so it will always show at least one column. It should be in v2.0.4.

Dakadin

Oh that's hilarious. Not once did I even try to resize that window because I didn't see any slashed lines in the bottom right corner like there is in some windows to show they can be resized so never even thought to try it but yeah that worked, thanks! I also created a new Base Attack Spell item and set it to the Base Spell Attack table as you suggested and I got it all to work. I did notice though that every time I reopen that BAS item that the OB keeps resetting back to Zero even if I lock the item.
    Last edited by Xen; May 2nd, 2020 at 00:21.

For the last couple of days I've noticed things disappearing out of my Combat Tracker such as lines out of the Defense slots or weapon skills. Disappearing Items from CT.JPG
    The screenshot shows the CT from both the GM and the Players point of view, which the player is simply another session running on local host. But in this example Onna's Parry and Normal Shield lines have disappeared from the GM's CT. I've also had weapon skills disappear. It doesn't appear to be a delay of any kind because I've left the CT open for as long as an hour or so and it never repopulates. The only way I've been able to get those items to reappear was to delete everyone out of CT and add them back in or shut down the entire session and restart FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    For the last couple of days I've noticed things disappearing out of my Combat Tracker such as lines out of the Defense slots or weapon skills. Disappearing Items from CT.JPG
    The screenshot shows the CT from both the GM and the Players point of view, which the player is simply another session running on local host. But in this example Onna's Parry and Normal Shield lines have disappeared from the GM's CT. I've also had weapon skills disappear. It doesn't appear to be a delay of any kind because I've left the CT open for as long as an hour or so and it never repopulates. The only way I've been able to get those items to reappear was to delete everyone out of CT and add them back in or shut down the entire session and restart FGU.
    I have also seen that.

That has happened for a long time but I always thought it was a part of the system refreshing edits that don’t belong to a “base” addition of a PC.

It was always duplicate Parry links by dragging and dropping the Parry item line, then modifying the name of it to Shield or any other DB spell one wanted to use for their PC.

Basically, if it doesn’t exist on the Combat Tab, when first loading the Combat Tracker, it will eventually disappear.

Yeah I did notice that if I modified anything that was already displayed in the CT it wouldn't update unless I removed that entry and added them back in. In this case it was more like spontaneous disappearance or so I thought. I was play testing the same encounter over a couple of days and now i'm wondering if maybe the CT didn't just glitch out after all the closing and opening of encounters, maps and the CT. Because after I was done testing I would shut down the client then when I was ready to start again I was picking back up where I left off.

Thread Information