5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Updater problems

OK, I've been trying all day to load up Fantasy Grounds Unity. I payed my $9.99 a month subscription and I've spent most of the day trying to get this thing installed.

It looks really super cool and seems to address the main issue I have with Roll20 so I thought I'd give it a try.

But I can't seem to get the Launch Fantasy Grounds button to become activated or whatever. I try to do the updater, but it either does absolutely nothing, or it just keeps downloading and downloading the same things over and over and then decompressing and timing out and downloading and decompressing and timing out for hours and hours.

I'm I am missing something or doing something wrong because I don't understand a lot of what is talked about in the forum for technical stuff.

What might I be doing wrong?

I'm in the same boat as Justin, minus I bought the whole thing, and can't get the program to run because it refuses to update. Any potential solutions out there?

We just wrapped up an all-day group session working on the FGU update system, and the problems it was having over the last several days.

As of the moment, the server should be up and running. Due to the backlog of people trying to update, the servers are still a bit overwhelmed, though we bumped up configurations and network to the update server. So, you should be able to update now, but may get a few timeouts to get started.

If you haven't completed the first install yet, you can get the latest install file which has the latest version of the updater too.

Windows Install: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe
    Mac Install: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.pkg

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard. I'm in the same boat as Snigg and Justin. Do I just leave the updater running till it sorts itself out? Or quit and come back later?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Falin View Post
    Thanks Moon Wizard. I'm in the same boat as Snigg and Justin. Do I just leave the updater running till it sorts itself out? Or quit and come back later?
    Can you try stopping and then restarting it?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Can you try stopping and then restarting it?
    OK, so I uninstalled and used the updated web installer as per the link earlier in this thread, and now have the FG installed. However, it is coming up with an error message saying my new Unity registration number is invalid.

What's the next step?

Blog Entries
    Hey Falin,

It looks like you picked up the FG Classic subscription instead of the FG Unity sub. Shoot us a note to [email protected] if you want us to cancel and refund this one so you can get the FG Unity sub instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Falin View Post
    Having the same issue, did yous guys leave it running and get a favourable outcome?

I have had many problems with the Mac installer.

On a whim, I went into the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy and gave the updater Full Disk Access.

It installed, updated, and I ran it successfully for the first time yesterday.

Perhaps this will help other Mac users?

I am running Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6) by the way on a 2014 MacBook Pro Retina with 16gb of memory.

D
    Last edited by UrsaTeddy; March 28th, 2020 at 09:31.

Having some issues with the updater as well. It freezes when I tell it to update. This is a new problem that I wasn't previously having.
    Log.png

Thread Information