DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Stop Save Confusion!

It seems no matter how long one has been using FG, people still get confused when they roll saves for the NPC saves from their spells. When it comes up [SUCCESS] you brain tell you it applies you your spell when it is infact the NPC's save result.
    A simple change would fix this. See IMAGE
    Text Change.png

VOTE for it HERE!

ONLY YOU CAN STOP SAVE CONFUSION!!
    Last edited by Willot; March 28th, 2020 at 03:21.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

This would be nice. It still tricks me with the wording the way it currently is.

Blog Entries
    Try this - Ive just uploaded a new version with some variant save and fail messages.
    If you have any suggestions Im listening...
    (but no promises Ill implement them)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Where was that hiding. Thanks damned.

Btw really enjoying your player agency ext.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    Where was that hiding. Thanks damned.

Btw really enjoying your player agency ext.
    I just made it - and thanks!

Blog Entries
    Ive just uploaded a new version with some variant save and fail messages.

Nice one, but Im now into pathfinder 2e, doesn't work for pf2 need someone doin 5e to try. Or change for core. I did try on pf2 but just caused a lot of errors. Wouldnt of thought the basic stuff woulda been so different, but it is
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Wouldnt of thought the basic stuff woulda been so different, but it is
    A "save" is actually not "basic stuff" when it comes down to D&D 5E vs. Pathfinder Second Edition. Bonuses and how they are handled are different. Critical success and critical failures, along with natural 1's and 20's are different. And a big difference is that the PFRPG2 ruleset takes into account "traits" - which provides a lot more functionality and a finer filter, but complicates the process.

These are some of the reasons why the mainstream rulesets all have potentially quite different manager_action_XXXX.lua script files.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 28th, 2020 at 14:51.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ive just uploaded a new version with some variant save and fail messages.
    Hey damned,
    I hope all is well. I tried to load with this extension using the 5E rules set and I'm getting the following script error:

Script Error [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]: 463: unexpected symbol near FailsSavingThrow
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (AFAL_modestandard)

There were initially a couple of others but it looks like when I turned off the Local Dice Tower extension and the Death Indicator extension, the errors disappeared. I'm wondering if this is another extension conflict or something else...

Thanks!

Thread Information