<font name="reference-r">
    <ttf >
    <file >"graphics/fonts/calibri.ttf"</file>
    <name >"Calibri"</name>
    <size >18</size>
    </ttf>
    <color >"#000000"</color>
    </font>
    But it keeps saying that the font cant be found, but it is there (at graphics/fonts)
    Last edited by lozanoje; March 27th, 2020 at 22:40.

Open the font in a font viewer and check that "Calibri" is the actual name of the font within the font itself - this is what the <name> parameter must match.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Open the font in a font viewer and check that "Calibri" is the actual name of the font within the font itself - this is what the <name> parameter must match.
    I've used AMP Font Viewer:

[3/28/2020 12:18:33 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file () for font (reference-r). [Tema Base La Llamada de Cthulhu (Viriato139ac)] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
    [3/28/2020 12:18:36 AM] [WARNING] Frame desktop contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    Last edited by lozanoje; March 28th, 2020 at 00:20.

Blog Entries
    In the error message

font: Missing file () for font (reference-r). [Tema Base La Llamada de Cthulhu (Viriato139ac)] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

The font filename should be within the first parentheses: font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/calibri.ttf) for font (reference-r). [Tema Base La Llamada de Cthulhu (Viriato139ac)] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

In the XML that you pasted into the first post, there are spaces preceding the closing > bracket. Try removing those spaces.

Blog Entries
    Here's a sample from a recent font extension:

Code:
    	<ttf file="graphics/fonts/JetBrainsMono-Regular.ttf" name="JetBrains Mono" size="15" />
    	<color value="#000000" />
    </font>

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    In the error message

font: Missing file () for font (reference-r). [Tema Base La Llamada de Cthulhu (Viriato139ac)] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

The font filename should be within the first parentheses: font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/calibri.ttf) for font (reference-r). [Tema Base La Llamada de Cthulhu (Viriato139ac)] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

In the XML that you pasted into the first post, there are spaces preceding the closing > bracket. Try removing those spaces.
    I place spaces because in the wiki there are spaces, I've removed, same message. But you are right, between parentheses should be the font the xml file is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Here's a sample from a recent font extension:

Code:
    	<ttf file="graphics/fonts/JetBrainsMono-Regular.ttf" name="JetBrains Mono" size="15" />
    </font>
    Yes, thats the way FGC defines fonts. It works, then looks like the definition for FGU in the wiki isnt correct, or hasnt been implemented yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    I place spaces because in the wiki there are spaces, I've removed, same message. But you are right, between parentheses should be the font the xml file is referring to.

This part of the error message ruleset manager active container name,so it appears to be looking for the font in a custom ruleset or extension. There are many graphics_fonts.xml files. There is one for CoreRPG and there is usually one for each ruleset, etc. Can you check that the graphics_fonts.xml you are editing is in the folder just above the folder containing the font file?

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post

This part of the error message ruleset manager active container name,so it appears to be looking for the font in a custom ruleset or extension. There are many graphics_fonts.xml files. There is one for CoreRPG and there is usually one for each ruleset, etc. Can you check that the graphics_fonts.xml you are editing is in the folder just above the folder containing the font file?
    Yes, it is:

The font is right in the directory fonts of the image.

I've tried also removing graphics from the path, thinking that maybe it must be _relative_ to the location of the graphics_fonts.xml, but it doesnt work.

Blog Entries
    Code:
    <font name="reference-page-header">
    		<ttf file="graphics/fonts/calibri.ttf" name="Calibri" size="18" />
    </font>
    The above should work.

Thread Information