DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFG - 5e - 2 Players - Mon, Tues, or Sun evenings - 7:30pm - 11:30pm EST (-4 UTC)

FG License: FG Classic - Standard

Time Zone: Eastern Standard (US:-4 UTC)

Availability: Weekly - Monday, Tuesday, or Sunday evenings between 7:30pm-11:30pm
    Term: Preferably long term, but up for shorter games
    Voice: Yes, whichever software the group is using to voice chat

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
    Game System Experience: AD&D, 5e
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new, no experience

Character Type Preferred: Barbarian & Druid, but flexible.

About us: Two reliable brothers in our 30s that played AD&D in our youth and have some experience with 5e that enjoy D&D and would like to get back into it. We enjoy joking around and having fun, while playing competently and being considerate of the DM & other players. When the game gets serious we'll be serious, but the goal is to have a good time with the group as we go on adventures, solve problems, and kill monsters. Light role playing. Good character backstories. Not looking to cheat the system or break the game. Happy to pitch in $ for the DM.
    Last edited by Frantic; March 28th, 2020 at 19:59. Reason: corrected timezone

Frantic, there are actually 2 versions of the FG License

FG Unity v4.0.0 demo standard ultimate

FG Classic v3.1.10 as above

Classic will not work with Unity. In addition, the standard license does not allow the demo license to work. You will need Ultimate License for that.

So, if you have FG Unity you are welcome to join me.

GM: Shez
    Game: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
    IP: 192.168.1.4
    e-mail: [email protected] (e-mail me for the pass)
    Time Zone: CST (GMT/UTC -4)
    Day: sat or sun depending on players starting at 7:30pm

Im still looking for 3 players as everyone I spoke to has the classic version. I have one player that has connected and rolled up his character. All characters start at level 4.

I think EST is UTC -4, you might be confusing some people with your headline.

That being said, I'd love to join in if you get a DMM, those times and the overall vibe work for me.

Dave

Thanks for the info Shez. I'm downloading FG Unity now. Do you have an ultimate FCU Ultimate license?

It looks like Dave (see the post below) might be interested in joining as well. My brother & I can only do Sundays. I'll send you an email once I've got Unity running.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I've updated the post. It looks like Shez is looking for 3 players (see his post on this thread). You, plus my brother and I could be a fit.

I can most likely do Sunday, but am running classic. Do I need to upgrade to Unity? Can I run both (not at the same time)? Anything else I need to know?

FG Unity and FG Classic do not work together. FG Classic requires you set up port forwarding.

FG Unity does not require port forward and works more like a peer to peer connection. Unfortunately, I was canceling my game due to the lack of individuals not having FG Unity and i have spent 2 weeks plus looking for players. Out of 8 players only one was able to connect.

If u guys want to I will keep the FG Unity up and running saturday and sunday. Login, test out your connection, roll your characters up. This is my last try to get a group of players together, I've invested too much time and money in the last 3 weeks and have nothing to show for it. I already spent well over $200 to purchase this program and the entire Essentials Collection.

I do not have the FG Unity Ultimate, I am holding off on that till I see what I can do with the standard. So far, I have found I cannot import images (maps) from the Internet to include and setup encounters on the tiles w/ pogs. In FG Classic you can drop and drag and modify it was so easy.

Let me know would be interested.

We found a massive issue with the program yesterday after a player tried to log in, the same player that had connected to me before. Frantic also tried to conenct last night and the program kept crashing. So, me an Joshua ran a test as to why he couldnt connect anymore without crashing the program.

Tests:

We tried LAN (did not work)
    We tried Cloud Private (did not work)
    Switched back to Cloud Public (he was connecting but program would crash)

I then connected to him as a test (no issues)

Then I had determined that I had added over 15 notes several encounters and several NPCs so I decided to use the 5e Sample adventure mod by default. Sure enough Josh connected fine. So, please e-mail me at [email protected] and try to run a test connection. Also login to create your characters.

As of this moment the cloud server seems to be down as the lobby is not coming up for me.

Thread Information