5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problem Installing Unity

I'm a GM with an ultimate subscription for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

My players are having problems installing the demo version of Fantasy Grounds Unity. They'll get to this point 91006689_222807745500376_6873780439224418304_n.png and not be able to go any further. Fantasy grounds isn't installed, and they update again. What can they do?

Our servers are currently overloaded. We're looking at what we can do to beef them up.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous Sage View Post
    I'm a GM with an ultimate subscription for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

My players are having problems installing the demo version of Fantasy Grounds Unity. They'll get to this point 91006689_222807745500376_6873780439224418304_n.png and not be able to go any further. Fantasy grounds isn't installed, and they update again. What can they do?
    Just in case this is an issue, please make sure they're installing from the latest web installer.
    We had some issues with a build and shipped out new installers yesterday evening, so in case that's part of the issue, the links are below.

PC:
    https://fantasygrounds.com/filelibra...WebInstall.exe

Mac:
    https://fantasygrounds.com/filelibra...WebInstall.pkg

If this issue is still occurring for them, please let me know.

As John said, our servers are currently overloaded, so it's causing some unexpected issues.

Installer Issues

Trying to install for myself and all of our players, maybe 11 or more, separate computers, separate web connections. Everybody is having the same issues. The installer will start up, roll through the updates, time out and sit idle. No *.EXE files, nothing. I've attached the update log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey guys, I've just bought the Standard version of Fantasy Grounds Unity yesterday, and I'm getting this type of error while updating files:
    Basically going into a timeout loop while updating files.
    I have tried to disable antivirus and firewall with no luck.

I've asked a friend to give it a try, with the same result.

Would this be related to the servers being overloaded at the moment?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

After many attempts to get the unity standard client to install, the updater appears to be doing something but is stuck in a loop with the following in the log...

DownloadFile-SWKARTPACK1: 10.0516974
    Error: Request timeout
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    SWKARTPACK1 Update Complete
    e: FileMoveSafe - Could not move file: System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\SWKARTPACK1.dat.tmp
    at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x0010f] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at FileManager.FileMoveSafe (System.String sSrc, System.String sDst) [0x00000] in <2cb0b209dde943e19d294455d0da8a88>:0
    i: C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\SWKARTPACK1.dat
    FantasyGrounds Decompressing
    DownloadFile-FantasyGrounds: 10.0605472
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    FantasyGrounds Update Complete
    e: FileMoveSafe - Could not move file: System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\FantasyGrounds.dat.tmp
    at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x0010f] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at FileManager.FileMoveSafe (System.String sSrc, System.String sDst) [0x00000] in <2cb0b209dde943e19d294455d0da8a88>:0
    i: C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\FantasyGrounds.dat
    SWKARTPACK1 Decompressing
    DownloadFile-SWKARTPACK1: 10.0401882
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    SWKARTPACK1 Update Complete
    e: FileMoveSafe - Could not move file: System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\SWKARTPACK1.dat.tmp
    i: C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\SWKARTPACK1.dat
    FantasyGrounds Decompressing
    DownloadFile-FantasyGrounds: 10.0633414
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    FantasyGrounds Update Complete
    e: FileMoveSafe - Could not move file: System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\FantasyGrounds.dat.tmp
    i: C:\Users\satyr\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\FantasyGrounds.dat

any tips
    ?

Satyrical: Moon Wizard mentioned earlier in this thread that the server is overloaded and that they are looking into what they can do. I'm still unable to install so I assume the issue has not been resolved...hopefully they find a solution soon. I have a game scheduled for Saturday morning with some friends who have been quarantined for a while now.

I was able to update my FGU on my desktop yesterday, but could not install it on my laptop yesterday or today. Guess I just got lucky on my desktop. I can imagine the servers being overwhelmed at a time like this. Glad I found this thread so I don't keep troubleshooting in vain.

#########EDIT####################################
    I was able to launch the application once I disabled Avast, it worked well on my laptop with just windows defender.

Post left below in case others have similar problem.
    ################################################

I'm able to update OK; however after I "Launch Fantasy Grounds" I get a splash screen and after about 10-15 seconds it just disappears and no application. Quits/Crashes to desktop.

At the end of my log is:

Validating packages.
    Update check complete
    Update Complete
    FullUpdate: 13.4730948
    OnApplicationQuit()
    e: OnApplicationQuit - Could not find shell C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe To self-update!

Also, when launching FGUpdater.exe from my task bar I get this notification in the window:

Fantasy Grounds Updater does not have write access to the data directory.

Please only launch the updater using FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe in the main directory.

It then gives me the option to relaunch, if I do the same thing happens. Likewise if I run as admin from the actual file location in the directory.

Any ideas? I am running Avast, but receive no warnings and have added the FG folders and files as exceptions.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to running the upgraded version of FGU. Also, when I check settings on the Updater, my username appears, and password is *********, it says "Log into your FG account to access your purchases; if I click log in(even with the password field filled, it says, invalid password/username.

Once I re-enter my password it tells me that my login was successful. Still, crashes to desktop after I launch.

Any ideas? Or, at least I hope the feedback helps troubleshooting.
    Last edited by pyrate; March 30th, 2020 at 03:37.

Thread Information